The Childfree Life

When having it all, means not having kids
It is currently Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:51 am

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject: Online dating
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:27 am 

I recently tried to get back into online dating after a long break. Its changed so much seems to be primarily about hooking up now.

Anyway, ran into a guy I was having really great conversation with and they he mentioned he has kids. I told him I don't date dads, and he totally freaked out on me. Said I was messed up, because most women would be jumping at the chance to date a guy with kids. Um, what?

Then he proceeded to ask me for nudes, which I said no way. He then tells me im a prude. And then says to me he's not just after sex after I tell him I'm not into hookups. Then says he respects women because he has daughters, so why would he treat them like objects? Then he asked me for nudes again.

I blocked him right after that. Seriously, what is wrong with people online? I've met a few cool people online who turned out to be great friends, but overall seems like the most rediculous people are on there. I guess my days of online dating are over for once and for all.

Post subject: Re: Online dating
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:33 pm 
Site Admin

Ha, I came to that conclusion a few years ago. Every now and then I think "Maybe I should give it another try ..." and then immediately I think "Nah, screw that". I've also met a couple of decent people online - I dated someone I met on Match for almost 4 years - but unfortunately (for others and for me) I'm just not interested in spending that much time now dealing with crazies.
Quote:
I told him I don't date dads, and he totally freaked out on me. Said I was messed up, because most women would be jumping at the chance to date a guy with kids. Um, what?
And that's where your conversation with him should have ended, right there. "I don't date dads." is a complete sentence that doesn't require any further justification or explanation. His response smacks of "What do you mean? I'm totally looking for an unpaid babysitter for my crotch turds, and you're female - you should be thrilled to accept, you ungrateful bitch". Uh, no. Bye, Felipe.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:11 pm 

Quote:
Ha, I came to that conclusion a few years ago.
I've come to that conclusion before too and I keep trying it again. Not sure why. But I think this is the last time.
Quote:

And that's where your conversation with him should have ended, right there. "I don't date dads." is a complete sentence that doesn't require any further justification or explanation. His response smacks of "What do you mean? I'm totally looking for an unpaid babysitter for my crotch turds, and you're female - you should be thrilled to accept, you ungrateful bitch". Uh, no. Bye, Felipe.
You're right, but I was really bored so kinda wanted to play along a bit more. His thought process was pretty entertaining. I want to collect internet dating stories and make a book or something. Lol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:19 pm 
Site Admin

On the other end of the spectrum, I met my wife on OKCupid. :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:36 pm 

I met Mr LaT on PlentyofFish, but that was really a needle in a haystack of entitled breeders who thought anyone who wasn't like them was 'defective' or people who thought 'date' was an alternative spelling of 'shag'....

You're right about the book hairfanatic, the things that I experienced you just couldn't make up and what's really scary is so many people (male and female) will have similar tales of crazy!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:43 pm 
Site Admin

Do tell! I love hearing bad dating stories!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:17 pm 

I have been single for almost 4 years. I'm not excited about the prospect of dating, but i'm pretty sure most online dating sites and apps are all about the hookup. I've never received a dick pic (unsolicited or otherwise) and I'd like to keep it that way. I've met more than my fair share of "Nice Guys" and think that I would likely be better off alone...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:51 am 

I met my husband on an online message board. I wasn't looking for dates, it just happened that way. We met to go check out some live music together and this summer we'll have been together 15 years, 13 of them married. :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:09 pm 

When he kept asking for nudes you should have sent him pics of fat old naked men on the beach. Lol.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:29 am 

I'm always so surprised when I read stuff like this.

Before I met my husband I spent some time dating on Match. I can honestly say it was nothing but a positive experience. Apart from one guy that seriously lied about his height, I went out on a bunch of dates with basically nice normal guys. Most of them wanted to continue dating but I just did not have any interest until I met my husband there who I continued to date until we got married (married only a few months now).

I must disclose though that I am not as militantly "no dads" as some other folks here. My husband has a 16 year old son. To me, this is not a "child". We see him every other weekend (so four days a month) and even during those times, there is nothing "childlike" about interacting with him. He is applying to college currently and spends most of his time on his own doing homework or interacting with friends.

A father of a small child, however, would also be a no for me, even with such small amount of custody.

-Rowan