The Childfree Life

When having it all, means not having kids
It is currently Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:47 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 359 posts ]  Go to page Previous 132 33 34 35 36 Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:51 am 

I'm saving up Loki to binge watch.

OMG the last series of Lucifer was so abominably shite, they even had the obligatory 'everyone breaks out into song' episode. I felt like I was watching Buffy again! I ended up watching it because I somehow felt I 'had to', as though I was undertaking some kind of penance for something.

Currently working my way through Clarskson's Farm; I was a big Top Gear fan (the proper Top Gear with Clarkson/May/Hammond) and I'm really enjoying it. But I think Jeremy Clarkson is very witty anyway and this series seems to balance the humour with a fair dollop of pathos.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:24 pm 

As a fairly tall woman who lifts weights, and grew up doing hard labour on a farm filled with 1,000 lb animals that occasionally liked to throw their weight around, I don't often get wigged out by serial killer movies and shows. I know that if attacked, it's not going to be pleasant for the either of us, as I'm not afraid of fighting back. However, Netflix's "Night Stalker", about Richard Ramirez, even has my husband (6'4", also lifts weights) triple-checking the windows and doors each night. It's creepy AF.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:42 am 

We're just about to start the latest series of Inside No. 9 on BritBox.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:19 pm 

Quote:
We're just about to start the latest series of Inside No. 9 on BritBox.
I dumped the BBC so I will have to wait for that. It's the only thing I've missed.

I am rewatching Grey's Anatomy, it used to be funny! When did it go wrong? Season 10 maybe. I don't watch it now, I can't remember when I stopped.

I have Clarkson's Farm on the list, I hope it's funny. Funny TV seems to be in short supply.

Here's a favourite clip from the previous Inside no 9
I wasn't familiar with David and Maureen so for me it was a really big surprise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5ah-d1dkFs

ETA
I suspect this is all a bit Marmite! :D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:15 am 

Quote:
I dumped the BBC so I will have to wait for that. It's the only thing I've missed.
Nearly all the episodes I've seen (meaning past series) are at least good, many are very good, but "12 Days Of Christine" - I've watched that seven or eight times at least, and for me, it's a contender for Best TV Episode Ever Made, and I've been watching TV for a lot of years.

The first episode of the latest series is pretty good, but not my favorite. It's very clever the way it's done, and like a lot of the episodes, it's an homage (heist movie), and there are lots of cultural references and callbacks and fourth-wall breaking and all that. It's fun.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:00 am 

I do really like 12 Days but it's not my favourite. It is hard to pick a favourite. Obviously the one with the David and Maureen clip is a mega fave...

The Shakespearean one was so clever, writing all that in iambic pentameter. And so much fun!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:34 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
I dumped the BBC so I will have to wait for that.
We have BBC America. Does that make Mrs. LP and I more British than you? :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:22 am 

Quote:
Quote:
I dumped the BBC so I will have to wait for that.
We have BBC America. Does that make Mrs. LP and I more British than you? :)
I'm not planning to start a row but I think a lot of British people have ditched the BBC!

I used to love a comedy on there called Not Going Out, it's just really silly. But then they decided to be based around marriage and kids - the writer said he wanted it to be more relatable for his life. It got crap from there.

I saw a clip of Modern Family once and had no clue what I was meant to be laughing at.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:35 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
I saw a clip of Modern Family once and had no clue what I was meant to be laughing at.
Modern Family is hilarious. But it may not translate well to non-American cultures.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:51 pm 

I'm American (raised by a pair of Brits, but I consider myself American), and I have no idea what is so funny about Modern Family.

I also have a terrible time understanding Sofia Vergara. If she ever said anything funny, it was lost on me.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 359 posts ]  Go to page Previous 132 33 34 35 36 Next