The Childfree Life

When having it all, means not having kids
It is currently Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:32 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 250 posts ]  Go to page Previous 119 20 21 22 2325 Next
 Post subject: Re: Soooooo...
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:41 pm 

Quote:
And now I'm not feeling well. Headache, runny nose, sore throat and a cough. It's past allergy time here, so this is likely some virus, and I'm guessing it's either something like RSV, to which my immunity has waned over the past year, or I'm going to be in 'rona prison despite being vaccinated. I really think I need to go to urgent care for a test tomorrow, because I don't want to spread this motherfucker. I feel like I have a really bad cold gearing up, and that's not something that happens to me much at all, and never in the summertime. Well, shit :x
I hope you feel better soon.

Don't get me started on infertility and depopulation. Why would they suddenly care about the horrendously high population now, they've never given a crap before.

Infertilty would be a selling point.

Magnetism is a new one to me...I don't fancy that :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:35 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
I've tried every single day this week, and I still can't manage to find an appointment for a second shot in my city. I put myself on a waitlist at a pharmacy, but it depends on when they have a) available appointments, and b) actual vaccine shots as to when I might get a call.
Same here. The govt announced yesterday that they're opening second shots to anyone that wants one, but it looks like none of the pharmacies have updated their websites as of yet. I'm hoping that as I got Moderna, which was much less popular than the Pfizer shot, that I might not have to wait too long. For the first one Pfizer was 2-3 weeks and I got a Moderna appointment in 4 days.

Apparently we're coming off all restrictions on July 1, so this ought to be good. "Open for the summer" = "Locked down again for the fall" LOL. Also, our premier is an idiot. In his speech yesterday he was all "Texaas has been fully open since March! We should be like Texas!" I'm sorry, but since when was Texas a role model for covid response (or probably any response for that matter)? And apparently now he's pissed that the feds aren't opening the borders to let all the tourists come to Stampede. Never mind, I'm sure that in the happiness surrounding us reopening, everyone will conveniently forget that he and his cronies spent lockdown having nice dinners on a rooftop patio, in a restaurant that was supposed to be shut.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:08 am 

Quote:
And now I'm not feeling well.
Hopefully, it's just a "normal" round of crud. Let us know how you're feeling and what you find out if you do get checked out. Get better soon! :)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:08 pm 

It is a sinus infection, thank god. Urgent care really thought it might be covid, as I had been fine, and then yesterday night, I felt crappy. Not usually how sinus infections roll with me. Glad it's not covid though.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:13 am 
Site Admin

Glad that's all it is! Hahahaha, we all tend to forget that there are a million other things you can catch that aren't covid ...

Well, I signed up for my second shot with Walmart, where I got my first shot, and the Rexall just up the road. Rexall texted me half an hour ago, I booked my appt with them for next Monday, and meanwhile Walmart still hasn't updated its website to Friday's changes. LOL. But yay for second shots! Can't wait to be fully street legal.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:27 pm 

I finally managed to get an appointment for a second shot, on Thursday. Looks like I'll be mixing doses - I had Pfizer for my first dose, and word on the street is that Moderna is what most of the clinics are giving out right now. I'm fine with mixing, I'll take whatever they're giving out right now.

Husband is still waiting. He got AstraZeneca for his first dose, and he wants the same for his second. They are now recommending mixing a first dose of AZ with a second dose of an mRNA vaccine, but he wants to stick with the same vaccine. He's on the waitlist at a pharmacy, I hope he gets a call soon.

One weird side effect that I read about that I seem to be having is menstrual changes. Apparently, some people report having a heavier period after getting a vaccine, and that seems to be the case with me. I have a Mirena IUD which means I barely get a period at all, but I've gone from "barely noticeable spotting" to "noticeable spotting". I'm not bothered by it, but bodies are weird.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:01 pm 

Got my second dose a few days ago. I rode my bike to the vaccine site, only to discover that there had been a fire alarm a few minutes before I arrived - the building was evacuated and there were some firefighters there. So we all stood around for a bit until the firefighters gave the all-clear, and then formed a giant line that wrapped around the building. After waiting in line for around 45 minutes, things finally started moving. I will say I was impressed at how quickly things went once they started moving us through - the backlog cleared pretty quickly.

I got Moderna for my second shot (I had Pfizer for my first).

Definitely felt some side effects for around 48 hours afterwards - some fatigue, and I felt very, very achy for a while there. Definitely worth it though. Side effects are gone now, just need to wait a couple weeks for “full immunity”.

Husband is still waiting to hear when he can go for his second dose.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:33 pm 
Site Admin

I got mine this morning. Feel great so far - arm's not even sore. Guess I'll see how I feel when I wake up tomorrow. I worked out yesterday and today so tomorrow is a scheduled day off the gym, thankfully.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:12 pm 

Husband finally got his second dose of AstraZeneca on Friday. Felt slightly off for a day or so afterwards, but his side effects were definitely worse for the first dose.

We are both currently in the two-week waiting period between actually getting the shots and achieving “full immunity”. Still unsure when we will actually feel safe resuming our normal activities.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:14 am 
Site Admin

Well, one week after my second shot, and I had to abandon my workout part way through this morning because I literally couldn't breathe. I've been feeling winded on and off since last Thu, and I've had a constant headache for a week, but this morning I was doing step ups on to a box with a pair of 35lb dumbells and was literally sucking wind after every set. Then I had light weight snatches with 4 reps a set, and on set 3 I had to sit down because I thought I was going to pass out, and I could NOT get my breath. it was frankly a little scary.

My coach told me to go and get a covid test, because he had one of the other members had the same thing - had his second shot, felt like crap for a week and a half, assumed it was the vaccine, got sicker and sicker, and actually had covid. So I'm at home when I was supposed to be in the office this week, and have a covid test booked for lunchtime today. Oy vey. This shit had better not be positive. Isolation sounds sucky.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 250 posts ]  Go to page Previous 119 20 21 22 2325 Next