The Childfree Life

When having it all, means not having kids
It is currently Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:21 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous 116 17 18 19 2023 Next
 Post subject: Re: Soooooo...
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 11:38 am 

^ I did read something about a local lockdown for Bolton potentially being put into place.

But I agree, if people had the opportunity for the jab and refused they should have to foot the bill for their avoidable care....and unnecessarily putting health workers at risk.

I wish there were some proper scary public information films about this, seeing some arsehole who didn't bother getting the jab hooked up to a respirator in a plastic bubble while the family 'put their affairs in order'.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 12:03 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
I wish there were some proper scary public information films about this, seeing some arsehole who didn't bother getting the jab hooked up to a respirator in a plastic bubble while the family 'put their affairs in order'.
I read a couple of stories about covid deniers in the US, who caught it and popped their clogs. Herman Cain was one of them, in the early days, and there were a couple of others I read, local politicians who were all up Trump's ass and ended up with nice obituaries.

Karma's a bitch. Don't like science? Better not be screaming for it to save your ass when the shit hits the fan then. There's probably some nice leeches we can send with the thoughts and prayers.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 10:48 am 
Site Admin

The kids are heading back to school here after the May long weekend. When they all got kicked out three weeks ago there were over 600 kids and teachers with suspected cases. That figure's now down to 100 something. Of course it is, BECAUSE THE KIDS HAVEN'T BEEN AT SCHOOL. Watch the cases go through the roof again in two weeks from now, which of course the government will blame on all the adults partying up over the break. Not that there won't be plenty of that too, but everyone acts like kids don't catch and spread this thing, and they absolutely do.

Also hearing this morning that antivaxxers here have been booking up a bunch of vax appointments on the provincial website and not showing up, because they want to make sure other people can't get shots. What the fuck is wrong with you? Do whatever you like for your body, but stop thinking you get to tell other people what to do with theirs. Apparently the police have gotten involved. Good. Fine the ass off these douchebags, and make sure it doesn't get thrown out of court like the other 90% of tickets that you handed out for violating health orders. (Seriously? If you're not going to bother enforcing the rules, why make them?)

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 5:11 pm 
Site Admin

It's the long weekend here, and I just read this on the news.

https://www.660citynews.com/2021/05/21/ ... SKjNjrgyy8

So if you live in BC, they've made the tour operators and ferry lines cancel all your bookings for the summer, set up traffic stops to make sure you stay home this weekend, and will fine your ass if you're travelling without a reason. But if you're from the next province over, feel free to come right in and go wherever you like, we won't stop you.

And they wonder why BC residents flip them the bird and go to the beach in their thousands.

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 7:29 am 

That is ridiculous that anti-vaxxers have been taking all the appointments, but those douchebags have the idea now that being around vaccinated people can harm them. God, do I wish that was actually the case.

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 11:19 am 

I got my second AZ jab yesterday.....

Other than feeling like I had a slight bruise on my arm I didn't have any side effects from the first jab. The nurse warned me that as I didn't have any adverse effects from the first then the second would probably give me some gip... but I've had nothing at all, my arm isn't even tender.

It looks like being an overweight, unfit, old codger is the way to go! :D

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 2:08 pm 

I felt pretty crappy for several days after the second shot, mainly I was lethargic, had body aches and felt feverish. I guess, that way at least I know I got the real deal!

I am now fully vaccinated and qualify for the "mobility pass" the government just launched.

https://news.yahoo.com/chile-covid-case ... 6484.html?

This is a pretty accurate analysis of the situation in Chile right now.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:42 pm 

Now my mind is well and truly boggled. Was watching a programme about the anti-vax movement, and learned that Elle MacPherson has been an item with Andrew Wakefield (original peddler of the MMR-jabs-cause-autism theory and now hardcore anti-vax profiteer) since 2017 (although they may now have split).

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:40 pm 
Site Admin

Good lord, that's news to me too. That's a bit of a comedown from the millionaires she usually frolics around with, isn't it?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:04 am 

Apparently they're going to make an announcement today about whether to send the kids back to school for the rest of the year (our stay-at-home order was just lifted yesterday).

Dude, seriously - it's June already. Just tell the little shits to stay home until the end of the school year, it's not like elementary grades are actually accomplishing anything noteworthy in the last month of school. If you keep them home, then hopefully case rates will keep going down (they've really been nosediving here, which is awesome), and then at least they'll have a shot at being able to go to summer camp.

On the other hand, if you open up again, all those unvaccinated kids will congregate in school, and then the exact same thing as last time will happen - they'll take it home and spread it around to others. More people are vaccinated now, but the vast majority of Ontarians (myself included) have only had one dose. Throw some new variants into the mix, and it's a recipe for disaster.

Opening up too soon is exactly what caused the third wave, when our ICUs filled to way over capacity and health-care staff were begging people to stay home and not overwhelm the system more.

The whole time, the narrative here has been "schools are not a source of spread". And yet, every single time they've closed the schools, cases have dropped; and every time they open the schools, cases rise. It's like clockwork. What kind of fools do they take us for?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous 116 17 18 19 2023 Next