The Childfree Life

When having it all, means not having kids
It is currently Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:20 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous 115 16 17 18 1923 Next
 Post subject: Re: Soooooo...
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 7:30 am 
Site Admin

I got my first Moderna shot yesterday. I'm supposed to be lifting 90% of max weights today for training - hahahaha, that won't be happening. I can't even lift my left arm over my head right now. I feel OK apart from that - I went to bed early last night because I had a headache, but woke up feeling fine.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 7:43 am 

Here the controversy with health workers was that they were initially promised Pfizer. When the Pfizer doses trickled in more slowly than expected, the government started giving them Sinovac instead, which did not go over very well with a few of the health unions. Our Pfizer shipments were very low at first, 20-30,000 doses a shipment, so that wasn't enough for all frontline workers. I'm not sure what ultimately happened with that situation. It sort of fell of the radar. At least there were vaccines available. Our country has donated vaccines to health workers in Paraguay and Ecuador because they didn't even have enough vaccines to cover people working in Covid wards.

At least now Pfizer arrivals are picking up, so I shouldn't have a problem getting my second dose next week. When I went last time, I had to go to the cultural center downtown, which was a zoo, because that was the only vaccination center in my area using Pfizer. The other eight were only Sinovac. However, I just read that they are going to be using Pfizer at two other centers. One is in the village just up the road, so I think I will go there.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 5:53 pm 

Got my first shot of Pfizer today. I got it at one of the mass vaccine sites, it was busy but they were moving people through very efficiently.

I did have a pretty lengthy nap after, but I rode to the clinic and back (around 10 km each way) and it was my first ride of that length in months. 2 years ago I would have done this ride and then gone back out for another 30 km without batting an eye...how times have changed!

Other than soreness in my knees and leg muscles from the bike ride, the only side effect I’m currently experiencing is a sore arm.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 1:32 am 

:lol: When you said "rode to the clinic and back" my first thought was you meant on a horse -- mental picture of horse parked up outside the clinic.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 10:00 am 

I got my second dose today. Everything went very smoothly. My husband dropped me off at 8:45 right as the regional government truck was dropping off the vaccines. They were supposed to open up at 9:30 but opened early, at 9:10. I wondered if I was really in Chile! :lol: Including the observation period I was out of there by 9:46. Not bad at all. I had heard of some complaints in the Metropolitan Region about lack Pfizer, but that wasn't the case here.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 5:51 pm 

So there's some wild anti-vax stuff going around right now. I guess as more people get vaccinated, the wilder the anti-vax claims have to get? A summer camp in NY is now looking for new digs, as the camp banned vaccinated people from working there or attending, and the state wasn't having any of that and pulled their licence to operate. The reason for the ban was that the vaccinated shed spike proteins, which are toxins, and harmful to the non-vaccinated. Okey-dokey, then.

And then there's this gem, that someone saw at work today - https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/fac ... 303796002/ "The latest of these claims: being around a vaccinated person could cause a woman to miscarry or affect her menstrual cycle."

My coworker and I had an awesome time laughing like Bond villains at that article, since we're both vaccinated, don't have to wear our masks around each other, and apparently can now affect womens' fertility. :lol: Or maybe only I can. We did wonder if only vaccinated women are capable of such sorcery.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 6:09 pm 
Site Admin

All the peeps on Reddit are laughing SO hard at all the "the vaccine destroys your fertility!" scaremongering. If only it was that fucking easy, and then we wouldn't have to fight with doctors about getting our tubes tied.

That one about the camp - holy shit balls. There are some CRAZY people around, but then there are still people who think Trump won the election.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 1:54 am 

Interestingly, saw a story today that Covid can get into a man's penis and cause erectile dysfunction, and also into the testes, potentially causing infertility.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 6:33 am 

^I believe mumps can cause infertility in men, so likely plausible covid could.

The logic fails with the vaccine-induced in fertility are breathtaking. If the vaccine could cause infertility because of the spike protein, could not covid infections as well? *Facepalm*

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 10:06 am 

The UK is seeing a bit of a blip up in cases due to this Indian variant, mainly in a couple of northern cities, Bolton and Blackburn. Talk is that this cold scupper the lockdown easing. But the fact is that the vaccine appears to be effective against the variant -- except that those places have had a high rate of vaccine refusals -- I will leave the question of ethnic make-up of those places to your imagination. But the vast majority of the people now in hospital with Covid in those places are ones who have been eligible for the vaccine for some time, but did not get it.

I don't believe that there will be much tolerance in the country for any more shutdowns if it is down to people who don't want the jab.

Personally, I'd like anyone who refuses the vaccination to have to personally be liable to pay the medical bills for any Covid-related treatment they end up needing.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous 115 16 17 18 1923 Next