The Childfree Life

When having it all, means not having kids
It is currently Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:37 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: Artful dodgers
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:59 am 

I HATE, loathe, detest, despise, etc. breeders and every last thing about them, just as it is. But, one thing that they do that makes me want to round every last one of them up, put them on a space shuttle, and launch them into outer space, never to be seen or heard from again is how they can not only dodge the hell out of their responsibilities, but they can successfully push them off onto others. Breeders are either artful dodgers to begin with, or they become that once they start breeding. I heard of a situation the other day that made me SO fucking angry, it made me want to destroy the planet. Someone came to work looking absolutely drained. They said "I really should have called in today. I am in no condition to work. I was up ALL night with the baby". The baby that they are referring to is not theirs. It is their nephew. It's a baby that their breeder sibling popped out, but won't take ANY responsibility for. So, this person's parents are raising the child. Given that this person's parents are at an advanced age, this person will take the baby when they can to try and offset the workload for their older parents. Well, someone hears them mention that they are exhausted from being up all night with their baby (nephew) and proceeds to lecture them. They said "well, look here, it's called PARENTING!! You brought a child into this world, you are responsible for their well being, so STOP complaining". If it weren't for the fact that I would have been arrested as well as fired, I would have clocked this person. About that time, some of us chimed in and informed this individual of just how wrong they were. We said "it's not his child. It's his nephew. It's his (breeder) sister's baby and she won't take responsibility". And holy shit....that made NO difference to the pontificating individual. The next thing that came out of their mouth defied belief. They said "I don't care whose baby it is! It's STILL CALLED PARENTING!! It is STILL YOUR responsibility!! So GROW UP!!" Oh my goodness, I wanted to beat the ever loving shit out of this person!

Not only did they condemn someone who is child free by choice for being a "bad parent", but they actually took up for his breeder sister! They said "well, look, not everyone is cut out to be a parent, such is the case with your sister. So, she is to be commended for being RESPONSIBLE enough to give the child to your parents to raise. And you are now a part of that. You are, in essence, this child's parent. So, start acting like it!" What the fuck?? How do these fucking breeders do this shit?? Not only do they irresponsibly pop out replicant after replicant, but when they shirk their responsibilities, they have excuses made for them, or they get outright praised for "doing the right thing by making sure that the kid gets raised by someone else who is in a position to do so". Just unfucking believable.