The Childfree Life

When having it all, means not having kids
It is currently Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:23 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 524 posts ]  Go to page Previous 149 50 51 52 53
 Post subject: Re: Daily Rant Part 1
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:12 pm 

Update: I got an email that the package was delivered, and my friend confirmed she actually received it! That’s a huge relief. I was so worried that the beautiful sweater I’d made was lost forever.

^^Alicorn, I’m really surprised that they are allowed to give streets such similar names (although the same thing tends to happen in my neck of the woods) - not only does it confuse people who are just trying to get to a particular house, it’s a nightmare for emergency services. If you’re having a heart attack and seconds count, but the ambulance goes to 123 Cougar Lane instead of 123 Cougar Drive, that can be the difference between life and death.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:30 am 

Scrolling through Twitter this morning, and I saw a tweet from some random person (the tweet had been liked by someone I follow) about how this person is pregnant, experiencing complications, and has to be alone in the hospital (can’t have her mom or partner there).

I just want to scream “You’re the idiot who got pregnant in the middle of a pandemic! We’ve been in a pandemic for over a year now, this was not a surprise! Not having visitors in the hospital was to be expected!”

It amazes me these people don’t think ahead.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:49 pm 

More rain today and tomorrow. I need to mow my lawn, and my parents are never going to get the upper parts of their house painted. I also got pretty wet walking into the office today, as I forgot about the lakes that form in certain areas. Because time moves far more slowly inside its walls, than if I were at my house, my shoes are still wet. I got here at 7 am.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:47 pm 

Once again apple keep screwing me with updates. One update made me lose all my notes in the notes app. The most recent iOS update on my iPad rendered guitar tab app completely useless. Basically it was ultimate guitar, but it was called tabs HD which was quite a nice app. It was very visually appealing and easy to work with. It would work even if my data plan ran out. I downloaded the ultimate guitar app in its place. It's similar, but missing some things. It won't work if my data is not working. Sometimes my plan runs out or I'm in a building with very bad reception. I want the other to work with the new iOS. I hate that ultimate guitar threw this one away.

I held off on updating my phone, but then I had to charge it overnight. Unfortunately, it automatically updated. Now I get no notifications or anything going from my phone to my apple watch. I have a series 3 that I've had for a few years. I haven't been able to update the watch OS because it was no compatible with the new updates supposedly. Now it's telling me I need to update to watch OS 7. Okay, great, so I put it on the charger to start the update process on that. It told me I can't unless I unpair the watch and factory reset that. No way in hell am I doing that. I know what happens. I lose everything. Even though I do back up my health data regularly, I could see losing that in the process. So now I can't get any notifications, texts, etc, but it still tracks my workouts and what not. I can no longer ping my phone to find it. I can't misplace my phone. I'll wait until they next watch incarnation comes out. I'm not willing to deal with losing more data. I'm tired of apple being a pain. Maybe it's time to get rid of the watch anyway. I can't wear it when I'm massaging people anyway.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 524 posts ]  Go to page Previous 149 50 51 52 53