The Childfree Life

When having it all, means not having kids
It is currently Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:08 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1750 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1169 170 171 172 173175 Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:07 am 

^^^ There's an old Addams Family-style house near us, about four floors, little tower thingy, wrap-around porch...they started painting it the summer after we moved here, so that'd be 2005...and they're still not done.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:52 pm 

^That sounds a lot like my house. House I grew up in is a Victorian with a porch and the "tower", and it has a lot of fiddly bits that are painted different colours. And because of where the roof meets the house, and the porch, and the fact that everything is old, my parents don't want ladders resting on stuff to potentially break it.

Sort of like the Addams Family house, my friends used to call mine the "spook house", but aside from two incidents that were rather frightening but probably best chalked up to my imagination running wild, nothing really scary happened there. It looks like a textbook horror movie house, but I never legit believed it was haunted or anything. The couch scared the bejesus out of me once, but that was about it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:17 am 

Hello from the dystopian hell that is England.

We gaze enviously at America. Is it true that even NY will be properly free soon?

The despair here is palpable. It's good my father died before having to suffer this. As a doctor, he'd be heartbroken at the whole medical dictatorship.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:50 am 

^^

I hear you! We are back in lockdown despite having one of the highest rates of vaccination of the world. Technically, I have a bit more freedom of movement because I am fully vaccinated, but it's not much use when everything is shut down.

Basically the whole thing is a joke by now. Many people have stopped complying. In the end, it's just destroying small businesses that can't risk opening and being hit by a fine. My municipality was let out of lockdown in May because the Health Ministry recognized it was not working. Four weeks later they sent us back to lockdown. Area we supposed to believe that in four weeks they found the magic bullet that means it will be effective this time?

I am so over it all. It feels like we are never going to get back to any type of normalcy with the clown show that is in charge.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:16 am 

With almost 70% of the population partially vaccinated, NY dropped most of its restrictions two months ago. The final capacity limits were rolled back yesterday. Hospitals and pensioners' homes still can enforce restrictions, but everything was largely open. Then the mask mandates fell, and then the final capacity restrictions went. Since it's really a choice to get vaccinated or not here, I think most everyone vaccinated has decided they don't much care about the fates of those unvaccinated folks, so might as well open up.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:04 am 

Thank you
It's hard to get information about other countries

In terms of % vaccinated, they just change the target but I don't believe them any more.

I had the first vaccine, sort of a stupid choice really, and had to be seen for heart problems the next day. I felt them about six hours later but was in denial a bit I think.

The doctors don't care

I don't mind dying of a heart attack after a big night out, but this...no.

Another friend got a blood clot and went to the same hospital and was told, it's okay, we know how to treat this, the main thing is you are protected against covid.

It's insane.

And today I tried to get local office space to get me out of my flat...no luck but most were closed in lockdown anyway, it turns out.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:05 am 

Quote:
With almost 70% of the population partially vaccinated, NY dropped most of its restrictions two months ago. The final capacity limits were rolled back yesterday. Hospitals and pensioners' homes still can enforce restrictions, but everything was largely open. Then the mask mandates fell, and then the final capacity restrictions went. Since it's really a choice to get vaccinated or not here, I think most everyone vaccinated has decided they don't much care about the fates of those unvaccinated folks, so might as well open up.
This makes sense. Are theatres open?

When I have my flu vaccine, I don't think about whether others have had it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:21 pm 
Site Admin

They announced a lottery here with three $1m prizes, if you get the vaccine.

If' they're gonna bribe the stupid people to get the vaccine, hell, I'll have some of that. I signed up yesterday.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:40 pm 

I don't believe there are any state restrictions on any theatres, movie or stage. However, "opening Broadway" is far easier said than done. So "open" it may be, but featuring shows yet, it may very well not.

I got the Pfizer shots, and I had few side effects. A bit of dizziness the day after the second shot, but nothing serious. Then my deltoid that got the jabs was pumped up after the second shot for about a week. Not sore, or red and swollen or anything. It just looked like it belonged to Chris Hemsworth or Arnold Schwarzenegger back in the day, lol. Went back to normal, though, with no issues.

There have been reports of myocarditis in younger men who received the Pfizer shot. They think it's possibly attributable to other viruses these guys are picking up along with their newfound vaccine-induced freedoms.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:36 am 

CFinNY
Oh, I realise it's not easy to open

I just wondered, in principle, can you sit in a theatre without a mask on etc and can that theatre run at full capacity.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1750 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1169 170 171 172 173175 Next