The Childfree Life

When having it all, means not having kids
It is currently Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:28 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1750 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1166 167 168 169 170175 Next
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 1:16 pm 

I don't know if this is of any interest to anyone:

trymyui.com

This is a site that pays you to review websites, you go through certain tasks, talk out loud while being recorded and get paid into paypal (usually $10 for a 10-15 minute test)

Anyhoo, I'm a member and they have contacted me directly with the email below:
Quote:
I wanted to reach out to you personally for a TryMyUI bonus referral opportunity. If you know anyone who might be interested in completing a test and fulfills this criteria:
Female
29-74 years old with children age 12 or under
or
29-74 years old without children
Owns a car or has an intent to purchase one
Uses or has access to a desktop computer
Makes over £36,000
Feel free to send me their contact info, and indicate your account email as the referer. As this is for a high priority test, anyone who completes the test successfully will get double the amount they usually do ($20 USD instead of $10 USD).

Additionally, as the referrer, you will get a $10 USD cash bonus as well.
If anyone is interested pm me with your details and I'll put you in touch with the researcher. I've already completed this review so I can't take advantage of the offer. UK based testers only though, sorry!

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 9:19 am 

I have to go in to the office today to clean my desk out and return my keys. It's gonna be super weird being in the office again.

I'm also a little nervous since it's been less than 2 weeks since my first vaccine shot, but from what I've heard everyone is really good about masking and there should be very few people there, so hopefully it'll be OK.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 9:43 am 
Site Admin

I was in the office for six months before I was fully vaccinated and didn't get the 'rona.

Of course, 95% of the workforce is currently remote and they're strict about masking. But still.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 1:23 pm 

It makes me wonder if some people are not very susceptible to getting it. It was all over my county, the site of the first big US outbreak. I would say 75% of the people I know had it, or had a family member who exposed them to it, but that person didn't get sick. The exposed, but not sick is like maybe 40% of the sick family member folks. It's odd to say the least.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 1:34 pm 

My husband woke me up this morning excitedly to tell me that there were baby foxes in our backyard! They hung out around our yard for a couple of hours - we saw the mommy and 3 babies total.

They were so cute, playing and wrestling and running around! Definitely a great way to start my final day of work before I move to the new job.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 1:42 am 

^ You won't be thinking they're cute when they're digging up your lawn, crapping everywhere and making the place stink like a rancid abattoir.

Oh and very best wishes for the new job! :D

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 5:40 am 

We had fox families on my parents' farm annually. I never noticed that they were unpleasant in any way, but then they weren't near the house, and horses already smell like farm animals. The foxes were nice to have around. They ate lots of mice, which are forever problems on farms. I think the foxes took the night shifts, along with the owls, on the rodent killing sprees.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 8:58 am 

I guess that's the difference between a rural farming setting (where I can see they would be beneficial, assuming you don't keep poultry), versus a domestic residential area.

My garden was in the territory of one young fox and it was a bleedin' nightmare. Every morning yet more of the lawn was dug up (they go after earthworms), crap on the lawn, crap on the drive and generally crap around the house and scent mark(there's a reason fox urine is used as a rodent and cat deterrent)! It kept knocking over the bird feeders, raiding them and then nicking the bird feeders that were hanging in the trees.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 2:17 pm 

We did have some chickens, but they were locked up tight. If the foxes didn't get the chickens, the terriers would have. We never had to worry about disposal of the vermin the "terroriers" caught. Throw the corpses out near the wood lines, and something always snagged them. One year we were overrun with deer mice, and it was looking pretty hopeless until more foxes showed up. Now my mom has to worry about coyotes too though. They're good at vermin control, but people wig out about them.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 3:04 pm 
Site Admin

We have coyotes in the hills near our house. And that's why our cats don't go outside.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1750 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1166 167 168 169 170175 Next