The Childfree Life

When having it all, means not having kids
It is currently Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:52 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:54 pm 
BANNED

Does a bilateral salpingectomy require one to stay the night in the hospital afterwards?

This question isn't directly pertinent to me due to the fact that I am male, but I am nevertheless curious about this. I want to find out what is the most effective male sterilization procedure (other than an orchiectomy, which I'd prefer not to get) that I can get without having to stay the night in the hospital afterwards. I'm presuming that staying the night in the hospital will cost a lot of money--money that I certainly do not have.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:03 pm 
Site Admin

If you're looking for male sterilization procedures why are you asking about female ones?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:33 pm 
BANNED

I was trying to ask about both male and female sterilization procedures in one question. Indeed, do you know what male sterilization procedure (other than an orchiectomy, which I'd prefer not to get) that doesn't require an overnight hospital stay afterwards is the most effective?

EDIT: I removed the direct quote because I was previously warned about doing this. I forgot about the rule against directly quoting the post above you. I need to try to remember this rule--and unfortunately, I can be a very forgetful person!

Last edited by Cali on Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:32 pm, edited 6 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:36 pm 
BANNED

I mean, a bilateral epididymectomy doesn't require an overnight hospital stay, correct?

What about a bilateral epididymectomy and the removal of the entire abdominal section of the vas deferens on both sides? Does that require an overnight hospital stay?

What about a bilateral epididymectomy, the removal of the entire abdominal section of the vas deferens on both sides, and the removal of the entire inguinal section of the vas deferens on both sides? Does that require an overnight hospital stay?

You know that my own position in regards to this is that, in theory, the more reproductive tubing is removed, the better. Nevertheless, I strongly don't want to bankrupt myself.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:06 pm 

I can't help thinking that you'd be better off finding a clinic that will do the procedure and asking them about options, cost and care. I don't know of any chap on this site (or the previous incarnation) who had anything other than a bog standard vasectomy.

As for women, the need to stay in hospital will depend on how the surgery is performed, getting your abdomen sliced open will probably require an overnight stay. Laparoscopic, will have you packed up and on your way home within a few hours....but I don't really think this is a valid comparison, especially as it will be down to the surgeon to decide what approach would be best for the individual and you're not a girl.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:41 pm 
BANNED

Yeah, this does seem like a good idea. Of course, the problem is that my interest is in large part in experimental surgeries in regards to this. I mean, bilateral epididymectomies are done from time to time, but I don't know if anyone has ever actually tried removing the abdominal vas deferens and/or the inguinal vas deferens for sterilization purposes.

Also, point taken about what you wrote in your second paragraph. Honestly, I wonder if hernia surgery (for males) requires an overnight stay. That would probably be the closest male comparison to what I want if one is talking about going beyond the scrotum and removing additional parts of the vas deferens. Hernia surgery itself doesn't do this, but the cutting that would be required in both cases might very well be similar--which in turn could give me a good idea of what to expect.

We would have more answers in regards to this if vasectomy doctors were forced to pay child support for 18+ years in the event that their vasectomies failed. That would have really encouraged them to take a lot of additional action to make their sterilization procedures more effective. Indeed, I have no doubt that vasectomy doctors would have began offering surgeries for men similar to those surgeries that I have described here in a scenario where they and not their patients were on the hook for child support. Had these surgeries actually been done, we would have more information about things such as whether such surgeries require an overnight hospital stay.