This is not a site for parents. We are a community that exists to support the childfree, and to offer our perspective to those considering childfreedom. We are not interested in parenting, or in discussing a childed lifestyle with parents. Even if you’re personally childfree, evangelizing about parenting on this site will not be tolerated.
thechildfreelife.net is solely for adult use and may contain topics that are not suited for minors. Any involvement with this community is taken as confirmation that you are at least 18 years of age, and that you have read and agree to follow the rules and conditions stated below.
Moderators are charged with maintaining the security and tone of the forums, and may take action without warning or discussion to enforce the forum rules. Moderators will try to address problem posts and member issues quickly, but may confer with each other to reach a decision with respect to any breach of forum rules – therefore action may not be instantaneous. Please use the PM system, or the report function on posts, to report any forum issues.
Violating the forum rules may result in the offending post being edited or removed, and the member warned via PM for the first offense. If unacceptable behavior continues, the member will be permanently banned from the site and notified via email. Depending on the severity of any rules breach, moderators may skip the PM warning.
Forum rules :
1. Respect: When interacting with forum members, show the respect you’d like to be shown. Treat one another as adults, and maintain a respectful tone. Personal attacks and incivility may result in immediate suspension or banning without warning.
2. Spam/Trolls: Any member engaging in spamming or trolling is subject to removal from the site without warning. Warnings may also be issued as staff sees fit. This includes posts that are essentially non-contributory (emoticon-only posts, single-word posts, etc).
3. Hot topics: The following subjects are considered hot-button topics and may be locked down without warning if discussion degrades:
Political discussions – keep political discussions polite and in the Politics area of the forum.
Religious discussion – be respectful of other forum members’ religious beliefs.
Pro-choice – as a childfree community, we recognize and support bodily autonomy. This includes the right to control one’s contraceptive choices, and the legal right to choose termination of a pregnancy. Those who support anti-choice legislation are not welcome here and will have their accounts removed.
4. Locked topics: Locked topics are closed topics, and may not be referred to or re-opened in another topic. Moderators word is law, and discussing staff actions is not permitted on the forums. Members wishing to discuss a moderator action may PM the moderator directly for clarification.
5. Housekeeping: Members are asked to keep the site tidy and easy to read. Post in the correct forum, and don’t cross-post. Use common grammar when posting, including accepted use of capitalization, punctuation and paragraphs. Use standard fonts and font colors. The use of animated images is discouraged, and may be removed at the moderators discretion.
6. Avatars/Signatures: These are subject to the same rules as forum posts and may be edited or deleted for violations. NSFW avatar images are not permitted. Avatars should not be controversial and should not be animated. The maximum avatar size is 150×150 pixels.
Signatures are restricted to 255 characters and may not contain images or large font sizes. One URL (for your personal website or blog) is permitted, so long as it is not used to advertise a business, or link to sites with potentially offensive subject matter.
7. Problems: Report any forum issues to the moderators. With the amount of activity on the site, members may encounter troublesome behavior or content before someone from staff. Members can assist staff by using the Report button at the bottom of each post, or contacting the moderators via PM. Any follow up action will be purely at the moderators discretion.
8. Legal Responsibility: The internet is an open forum, and members are legally responsible for the content of their posts. Do not post defamatory, libelous, racist, or sexist comments or links. Do not post content that violates a third party’s privacy or breaches any law, including claims for infringement of intellectual property and claims for defamation or libel. The laws of the province of Alberta (CA) govern any disputes arising out of participation in these forums.
9. Copyright Infringement Claims: Site staff strongly advise linking text from its original source, rather than copying and pasting. Keep any text blocks you repost under 100 words, and refer to the source of the information. thechildfreelife.net is not responsible for any copyright infringements by members.
thechildfreelife.net will, if requested, assist law enforcement agencies locate any member if any legal claims arise from using this forum.
10. Liability: Site staff make no guarantee that access to these forums will be available at any given time, that access will not be interrupted, or that the forums will be free from error. Site staff are not liable for any damages or losses that result from the use of, participation in, or reliance on any information obtained in these forums. They also do not endorse any content; the views expressed are of the individual members and not the forum operators.
thechildfreelife.net does not sell, rent, or lease any individual’s personal information or email address for marketing purposes, and we take commercially reasonable steps to maintain the security of your information. Please be aware that in certain circumstances, the thechildfreelife.net may be obligated to release your personal information pursuant to judicial investigation, subpoena, warrant, or other orders.
The thechildfreelife.net may use non-personal data that is aggregated for reporting, to improve the performance and content of the website.
If you have any other questions about forum use, please see the FAQ, or contact a member of the staff.