The Childfree Life

When having it all, means not having kids
It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:37 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:06 pm 
BANNED

Today's parents are extremely entitled.

Parents of earlier generations did not expect handouts and unending adulation from society.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:25 am 

Ugh, yesterday on the bus I witnessed disgusting behaviour. The bus was crowded and a young mother got on with a giant stroller with a baby PLUS three school aged children. She went directly to the priority seats at the front that are officially designated for attaching a wheelchair. Well, there was a couple sitting there, minding their own business, and this mother literally yelled at them to get out of their seats and let her kids have them. "These are priority seats....YOU can move back!" Well, the couple dutifully got up and out of her way and the woman spread out with all her kids. Seriously, these children were big enough to stand up, they didn't need to kick people out. The seats are not meant for children, they are meant for the disabled and there were no disabled people there who needed them. I think a language barrier is what contributed to this couple being intimidated by her and I felt so badly for them. There was room for her to sit down and hold onto the stroller while the couple remained in the seats, and the kids could stand. It's not like the kiddies had just had a tiring day at work or anything. :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:21 am 

A woman with kids proceeded to hijack the larger seating area at the back of a Hudson line Metro- North car on Friday. A girl that had been sitting there with her suitcase moved when the mom bitched, and I had to help her get the case onto an overhead luggage rack. I was sitting facing the area where mom and her cretins plopped their arses down, and having one rager of a cold, I made sure I sneezed and coughed all over them. I have gotten steadily worse since Friday, so I'm hoping I was contagious AF on that train ride.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:34 pm 

^ this makes me so, so happy. I hope you were sufficiently contagious!