The Childfree Life

When having it all, means not having kids
It is currently Mon May 20, 2019 10:41 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: TED talk
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:54 pm 

Some of you may have seen this TED talk. I'm very glad to see more and more women speaking up! Somewhat recently, I ran across a little tidbit on the interwebs about a woman who ran for governor of one of the western states in about 1910. The quote was something like, "I'm running for governor. I know I won't win, but I want to start people thinking about what women can do and accomplish. I'm starting now because it takes a long time for an idea to take hold." I wish I could remember her name. Later on I tried researching who she was, but wasn't able to find out.

Anyway, here is one more person speaking out about choosing not to have children! I read a few of the comments, and they weren't too bad. Comments on YouTube can be ridiculously scary sometimes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_xXC37CDSw

So while it DOES take a long time for an idea to take root, remember that nothing can stop an idea whose time has come.

In other news, howdy to all you childfree peeps!

Post subject: Re: TED talk
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 7:38 am 

Ohh..yes! I watched that Youtube video of Christen Reighter and I stood and applauded at the end of it. I watched it in my living room on my 50" Samsung Smart TV while sipping a cold one. I LOVE it. I re-watch it here and there. It lifts my spirits when I am down. I have since met Christen Reighter in person. What a wonderful woman. We have become friends and we chat when we can, as she is quite busy. She is making tremendous strides in helping women realize that they do NOT have follow some life script written by society. Of course, she catches a lot of flack. From the breeders, of course. Which is to be expected. But, what those dumb shit breeders don't realize is, she is HELPING women who have had kid rhetoric shoved down their throats all their lives. She is helping women who never really wanted kids, but may have gone and had them anyway. She is helping them to stand strong in the face of their breeder family members. Too many women out there have had kids, even despite the fact they never liked kids and never wanted them. They have done it simply to appease others. I see a lot of that finally changing. It's about time!