The Childfree Life

When having it all, means not having kids
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:07 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous 117 18 19 20 21 Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:33 am 

We finished Mum (excellent!) and are now watching The In-Betweeners, which we'd started watching years ago, but lost it for some reason.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:03 am 

We've now started Hemlock Grove on Netflix. Who knew so many teenagers were vampires and werewolves? :lol: :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:46 pm 

"The Boys" on Amazon. It's pretty good. It's a very dark comedy.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:55 am 

Recently finished watching 'Pennyworth', it was great, Paloma Faith was just brilliant in it.

I've started watching 'Watchmen', jury is still out on that..... and also 'The Dark Crystal' which I'm struggling with, I guess I'm watching it more from a nostalgic and homage point of view.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:08 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
I've started watching 'Watchmen', jury is still out on that..... and also 'The Dark Crystal' which I'm struggling with, I guess I'm watching it more from a nostalgic and homage point of view.
I think Watchmen is brilliant so far, but I appreciate that a lot of the plot has to do with US politics so if you're not American I can see being kind of "meh" on it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:42 pm 

I'm waiting on the third installment of The Crown. We dropped HBO after the exceptionally unsatisfying final series of Game of Thrones, as we simply weren't watching it, so we've not seen Watchmen. My husband said he'd like to see it, but that desire is warring with his desire to not pick up HBO again, so how this will be sorted remains to be seen. He's hoping some upcoming Netflix show, the name of which I've completely blanked on, is going to be good. It looks Game of Thrones-y, but also very Lord of the Rings-y, which I'm not terribly much about. However, the trailer opened with a lingering shot of a rather nice arse that apparently belongs to the rather spectacularly good-looking main character, so I'll give it a try.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:07 pm 

@ CFinNY

I think the show you may be talking about is 'The Witcher', starring Henry Cavill (Superman, Man from Uncle), that's one on my watch list too....I think it's due in December.

I'm just about to watch the first two episodes of 'His Dark Materials', I'll give my thoughts on that later.

I'd also recommend 'The Name of the Rose', not exactly easy watching but pretty good and a nice change of pace from all the fantasy/comic book stuff.

Mr LaT has been off his feet for the past 4 weeks after having had a hernia op (the full slice and dice), so we've been watching a lot of telly. We've just re-binge-watched the 2 series of 'Green Wing'. It's about 15 years old now, but still fresh as a daisy and always makes me cry with laughter no matter how many times I've watched it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:12 pm 

^Holy smokes... well, that explains it then :lol: I didn't recognize him, what with the white hair and all, but he's near criminally handsome, so that's definitely going on my watch list.

I see Netflix is unleashing the Christmas movies now. Dear God, do I find then insufferably treacly. My workmate *loves* them. He's a Lifetime/Hallmark addict, so I'm sure he'll tell me about a billion movies I will definitely not watch between now and Christmas.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:48 pm 

^^^ We watched probably a dozen Christmas movies since late October, mainly the Hallmark/Lifetime ones and then a couple of big(ger) budget ones.

We watched The Christmas Chronicles with Kurt Russell last night and The Nutcracker And The Four Realms tonight.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:24 am 

I've seen The Christmas Chronicles, I really enjoyed it.... I've been a bit of Kurt Russell fan, ever since The Thing :D

I like the 'alternative' Xmas films like Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale....a scandewegian film, very dark and very funny.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous 117 18 19 20 21 Next