The Childfree Life

When having it all, means not having kids
It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:42 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous 119 20 21 22 23 Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:48 am 

^^^ I can list what we buy at Sam's:

Cereal
Nuts
Paper Towels
Bottled Water
Toilet Paper
Dishwasher Pods

That's it. In and out!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:57 am 

Got back from a boy's weekend for the Bathurst 12Hr race. If I'd had kids, the following would apply:
1) I couldn't have afforded the trip or the time off work.
2) I'd have to take the child - which rather fucks over a boy's weekend of beer, bullshit and car racing.
3) Or I couldn't have gone because I'd have to save my holidays for school holidays.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:30 am 
Site Admin

Travelling outside of school holidays has to be the biggest perk of being CF. Not that I tend to go places where parents and kids congregate at he best of times, but cheaper flights, cheaper accommodation, and fewer people is always a win.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:51 am 

^^^ Yep, whenever my wife is booking a trip, she always, if possible, does so when kids are back in school.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:14 pm 

We're trying to get back to some of our fave places in the SW (Zion, Moab etc.) but they've been so overrun in the last few years that we have to go offseason. We have a booking at Moab at the beginning of April, and I'm worried that it's going to be cold... We've been wanting to do a river hike in the back country, and I don't much fancy 6 miles of frigid water...or camping on a bluff with the chance of a spring storm, but I don't think we'll have much choice. At least it shouldn't be during Spring Break/Easter.. https://www.hikingproject.com/trail/700 ... at-gallery

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:27 pm 

I’ve basically just spent the entire weekend throwing myself a pity party. I feel pathetic but at the same time I just can’t muster up the motivation to do anything else. Blah.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:37 am 
Site Admin

I came back from ten days of vacation. Picked up the cat, went home, unpacked, did laundry, cleared my work email and went to bed early. The cat took one minute to feed, went off to play with her cat-friends, and then went to sleep on the bed. No drama there!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:01 am 

Husband was out for the evening yesterday, so I spent time in the kitchen and made myself a healthy experimental dinner that turned out fucking DELICIOUS. I'm sure kids would have turned up their noses at it. I love having freedom to create new meals like that.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 1:42 pm 

Yesterday I finally washed and vacuumed the car. It's looking much better, but the interiors are always a battle. The upholstery is juuuuust fuzzy enough to attract every bit of lint or hair within 100 yards. I basically have to use duct tape and/or a barely-damp sponge to remove it when it starts to get annoying. So finishing the interiors is on the list, along with planting some flowers and folding laundry.

While the lint-laden seats of my car get on my nerves, I shudder to think what my poor vehicle would look like if we had kids. GROSS.

Actually I probably wouldn't be able to get away with having kids and a simple mid-sized sedan. Seems that parents only have giant vehicles these days.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 7:31 pm 

I spent a good portion of the weekend working out in the garden. It’s been neglected a bit (husband and I are lazy gardeners), but it’s starting to look a bit better now - lots of weeding and removing old growth/debris from last season.

My veggie seedlings are still living indoors, but they should be ready to go outside soon. I will start hardening them off this week.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous 119 20 21 22 23 Next