The Childfree Life

When having it all, means not having kids
It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:39 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:54 pm 

I'm not having kids because I don't want to have sex, and I don't want to be a statistic. By that I mean yet another black single mother living on welfare. The risk of that happening is too great.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:25 am 

Crikey where to start! *unscrolls list as long as leg and thensome*!

Just some of the many:

Smelly, sticky, uncontrollable at times, noisy, interfering
I like uninterrupted sleep, uninterrupted meals, uninterrupted bathroom time
I'm introverted mostly and like my personal time
Expensive
Environmental reasons
Due to circumstance, was forced to undertake caring duties in my childhood/early adulthood - done my stint
World tends to revolve around them and your own personality disappears
Personal relationships/friendships tend to suffer
I like my hobbies and having time for these
Want to travel when I want, to places I want to go to
They're boring and can be manipulative; I like intellectual and rational conversation
I like animals more
Want to be able to change career on my terms, not be bound in a job due to the expense of having a kid
Really don't like the thought of pregnancy and labour, and the damage it can do to a woman's body

I'll stop there but the list is longer!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:14 am 

I think the crux of our childfreeness (?) is that we just don't want to. Even some parents would agree with a long list of disadvantages of having children, but still go ahead and reproduce.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:56 am 

1. I enjoy the freedom to travel and do what I wish.
2. Kids are expensive.
3. I like to get a good night's sleep.
4. Kids cry, scream, poop, puke, break things, throw things, get into danger if you turn your back for a fraction of a second, get sick/injured, etc.
5. The earth is overpopulated as it is.
6. I was simply never interested in having kids, ever.
7. I have a niece, so I can watch her grow and achieve things without having to spend the time and money raising her. She is turning out to be a very intelligent and well-behaved kid.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:35 am 

This past weekend, my husband was Skyping with a friend of his who's currently living overseas. He's currently got one sprog, and his wife's knocked up with a second one.

The entire time husband was on the call, I could hear annoying kid noises in the background. Squawking, squealing, general nonsense from the kid. I was sort of annoyed at first, but then I realized that if I had kids, I would be subjected to that noise almost constantly. I am so, so glad that's not me.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:29 am 
Site Admin

I flew to Saskatoon and back over the weekend, and was therefore subjected to the circle of hell that was an airport on any given day. Complete with running, squealing, screaming, crying kids.

I must have thought half a dozen times during that 4 hour period "Goddamn, kids suck".

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:49 pm 

Herbaceous, that's the method I use whenever I have to deal with noise, mess, or general presence of very small kids. I remind myself that yeah, I have to deal with this annoyance right now, but once I get off the plane/leave the store/hang up the phone I won't have to deal with that kid again. Yeah, I can't do anything about its behavior right now, but there's an end in sight. I can ignore the kid; they have to interact with it, if only because they live in the same home. My blood pressure usually drops at that point, and I am able to deal a little better.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:10 pm 

Damn kids destroyed an awesome fuck buddy situation that I had going. And these weren't even my (now former) fuck buddy's kids. They weren't her grandchildren. They were her motherfucking GREAT grandchildren!! The woman is sick in the fucking head. I hate to say that about her because I miss her so very much, or perhaps I just miss the fucking, because despite her age, the woman could FUCK. But holy shit!! Did the damn woman not get her fill of raising kids?? She's raised 2 or 3 kids. She's raised at least that many grandchildren. And now, she is actually WANTING to raise great grandchildren! I get that some people raise their grandchildren and great grandchildren because there is no other choice. They have to do it. This stupid fucking bitch WANTS to raise her GREAT grandchildren!! I am just fucking floored by her stupidity. She is almost 65 years old. She has health issues. Why the fuck would she willingly put herself through the stresses and strains of raising small children?? That makes NO sense. It's that maternal instinct. Women who have had kids never lose it. They think that just because they spat out little rug rats once upon a time, they are obligated to mother every damn child that anyone else in their families pop out. MAKES ME FUCKING SICK!! She tried explaining it to me. She asked me to hear her out. She said that her granddaughter (the mother of those little fuckers) isn't a good mother. Ok, so what about the kids' grandparents? As in her daughter, who is in her early-mid 40's and in much better health and is FAR better equipped for the task. "Oh, well, she's better than my granddaughter, but that isn't saying much". What about their other grandparents? These kids have other options as far as being raised. My former fuck buddy just wants to be damn mommy. She can't accept that that ship sailed long ago! I told her to be my "mommy". And she was, for awhile. We had some kinky fun with that role play. But, she just couldn't get those little motherfuckers off her mind. So, ultimately, the kids won and I lost. Or the maternal instinct won. I don't know. Oh well, it was all fun while it lasted

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:58 am 

The main reason I don't want to ever be a parent is mostly tying into my free time. I currently have both my evenings and weekend largely free at present and that would all change once I got pregnant. Particularly as one of my hobbies is attending local wrestling shows and I don't think my husband would be too happy about me still going whilst being pregnant.

There's also my depression and my husband's low mood. Niether of us feels that having those conditions would make us good parents. Now I know that doesn't apply to everyone but that's how we feel in this respect.

Kids are horribly expensive and simply put, I don't want to waste money on them when I can spend it on better things.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:47 am 

I want to travel the world. I want to see as much as I can. Its my main goal in life.

I also realise I would hate the daily grind of parenting. I have no interest in raising a child and teaching it life lessons, no interest at all.