The Childfree Life

When having it all, means not having kids
It is currently Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:02 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 457 posts ]  Go to page Previous 142 43 44 45 46
 Post subject: Re: Daily Rant Part 1
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:03 am 

Fucking bastards!! I'd be incandescent too Mrs PH, is it any wonder I hate kids.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:24 am 

Nobody wants to go see Rage Against the Machine with me. My brother won't commit, and the other few people I've asked already have plans to attend with their friends. It's just making me feel worse and like nobody wants to hang out with me.

I admit I'm not coping well with things right now. I feel either sad/depressed or disinterested. Funny how one shitty thing can spiral like that.

And my appointment to see my therapist isn't until next week.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:56 am 

I know we have been Idiocracy for some time now

but today there's been a murder in my local area and there's already social media pics of the body.

I have reported straight to the police in the hope that the pics will come down quicker if they get involved. The victim hasn't even been identified, what if their family or friends see that? Ugh.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:14 am 

There was a hotel under construction that collapsed in high winds last year. A few people were killed, and some of the bodies are still trapped in the unstable rubble. At least is visible from the street, if not covered with a tarp. The tarp that was covering the body blew off a few weeks ago, and people started sharing pictures of it all over social media, again. Probably unlike in the UK, where some appear to still have some sanity regarding what constitutes "free speech", I think the police had to beg people to stop, since it wasn't actually a crime.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:41 pm 

*CFinNY* poor souls.

Even with it being a crime here, I just thought it was horrendously tasteless, then when I heard the victim hadn’t even been identified for loved ones to be informed, I thought, I must get that removed.

I can’t imagine taking such revolting pictures. The victim wasn’t shot, so I was also thinking, if you can hang around filming, you might want to say some words of possible comfort to someone who might still be conscious....they took pics before police came along and sent them packing.

ETA I guess if it’s gang related you might not want to do anything in case you’re next.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:49 pm 

People were sharing photos, etc. of Kobe Bryant's helicopter crash with "news" outlets like TMZ before the actual news (TV and newspapers) got the story. Apparently his wife said she found out her husband and daughter died from people sharing the TMZ story with her. The police didn't even know who was killed in the crash before TMZ ran the story. How lovely of them, right? I swear, social media has been the worst influence on people's behaviour. I would never think of posting a picture of a victim on social media. If I had seen the helicopter crash, my first thought would have been to call 911, not get some shots for Twitter. It's the ultimate exercise of crass behaviour to plaster strangers' misfortune all over your Facebook, or what have you.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:26 pm 

I don’t think anyone should be allowed to name names till next of kin are informed.

I had to walk by the place today. I don’t think the blood was properly cleaned but there’s a storm coming so....

I dreamt last night I was in a helicopter circling the scene. I guess that’s my brain processing it.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 457 posts ]  Go to page Previous 142 43 44 45 46