The Childfree Life

When having it all, means not having kids
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:06 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 430 posts ]  Go to page Previous 139 40 41 42 43
 Post subject: Re: Daily Rant Part 1
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:48 am 
Site Admin

Count me as another one who has no interest in shouting to be heard. We have a lot of "hip" places here like that - crammed with people, music/hockey game cranked up, and you can't hear yourself think. What's appealing about that? It's especially bad for me as I've lost some of the top range of my hearing from years on motorcycles, so as soon as I get into somewhere with confused sound I can't understand a thing.

I'd much rather have friends around home. The booze is cheaper and you can have a decent conversation, at least!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:14 am 

Hear, hear to that.....I was in a pub for lunch just a week ago, the pub wasn't busy (Tuesday lunchtime) but the music was deafening, the pub's phone had a loud annoying ringtone and something about the acoustics of the place just meant every conversation from every table was bounced around the walls.

It was a shame, the pub itself was lovely, but we both said 'never again', we spent all of our lunch asking the waitress and each other to repeat what had just been said, it miserable and exhausting!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:29 am 

I cannot stand flakey good for nothing people. Related or otherwise. We had plans, stop making excuses not to come then get upset when I stop inviting you anywhere!

My best friend since I was 4 (30+ years ago) was supposed to drive 90 minutes down to my house to hang out with me and my sister (we all grew up together. We call her our other sister.) and she has one lame ass excuse after the next why it won't work out. She's afraid to drive, she doesn't have gas money, she has a dentist appointment...maybe next she will be washing her hair!
for the longest time it was that she had a kid now, and couldn't do whatever she wanted like my sister and I could...*eyeroll*
now she's got one different shitty excuse after another. some things really never change, and I don't know why I had hoped this time would be different. fucking idiot.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:21 am 

Ugh. It’s Halloween today. For some reason, the new boss decided that we’re not allowed to have fun, so no costumes this year. Ok fine, whatever. I think dressing up is fun, but it’s not something to get fussed about.

A whole crowd of LOUD, WHINY children have just showed up at the office for some damn reason. I don’t ever know where the hell they came from. I work at a university so that I don’t have to deal with crotchfruit! I’m not allowed to dress up, but a crowd of little kids can show up and promptly whine and shriek? Fuck that.

So I solved the problem by sitting at my desk and blaring Rammstein’s “Pussy” through my headphones.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:11 pm 

Seems like a fair trade. Though I wish you could have blasted it over the PA instead. :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:16 pm 

I'm so pissed. I went to Meijer to buy groceries after work. The trip was successful. I got in and out in good time at the store. The problem is that there's a Popeyes that's across from it. There was a big line at the drive thru spilling out into the street. I usually go the back way out towards the freeway service drive to go home rather than the main road because it takes less time. Some moron was turning into the drive through and was blocking me from being able to go past them to get through the intersection. There was traffic building up behind me as a result. I did honk at them a few times. I couldn't go anywhere until the fucking line moved. I don't get the obsession with a fucking chicken sandwich from Popeyes that people need to line up at the drive thru. Park your car and go in for Christ's sake if it's that important to wait in line to get it. There was plenty of parking all around. I hate that businesses create this buzz so that people need to flock to get their product to point of impeding traffic or causing problems. If people like it so much, make it part of the main menu all the time.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:29 pm 

I don't get the obsession with these damn chicken sandwiches, period. I haven't had Popeye's, but I have had Chik-fil-A's, and goddamn was that a greasy sandwich. Grease was all over the chicken, all over the bun, all over the sandwich wrap, all over everything else in the bag, and all over the bag itself. If they said they'd dunked the bag in a vat of grease before handing it to me, I'd have believed them.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:40 am 

I got sent some dishwasher tablets (Finish) to use for a product test. The fucking things have not only scratched the glasses I put in the dishwasher but they all came out streaky and marked too!!! :x

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:42 am 
Site Admin

Oops. Zero stars, do not recommend?

I got up, went outside and shovelled the snow off the drive, happy that it wasn't snowing. Ha. That didn't last long. My idiot cat thinks she's a snow leopard - she's merrily tearing around outside and it's -12C/10F right now.

The football semi final is today, outdoor game, windchill is supposed to be -16c/0F. Wrap up warm, people.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:44 am 

Absolutely and I bet the bastards don't offer to replace the damaged glassware!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 430 posts ]  Go to page Previous 139 40 41 42 43