The Childfree Life

When having it all, means not having kids
It is currently Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:18 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1446 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1141 142 143 144 145 Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:18 pm 

They moved the bus from "Into The Wild", or should I say where that dude found out the hard way that maps are essential. Lots of would-be adventurers have a sad because they can't make pilgrimages to see the "magic bus". Dude starved to death in a bus because he was totally unprepared to be in the Alaskan bush. Do people see that as some sort of achievement?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:49 pm 

^^That’s why they moved it - stupid people kept going to see the bus, getting their stupid selves into trouble, and needing rescue. They’re hoping that people will quit going to see it and needing to be rescued.

Husband finally let me cut his hair today. He resisted for quite a while, and then went from “no you can’t cut my hair” to “I need a haircut RIGHT NOW” overnight. He was rushing me a bit because he had stuff for work that he needed to do (apparently waiting until after the workday was done was also too much), but it turned out ok. Looks like a non-professional cut his hair, but not completely terrible, just a little uneven in spots. Not bad considering all I had to work with was a set of clippers - he wouldn’t let me use scissors.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:59 am 

AKARNG also needed something do for training, so they moved the bus. I've never been to AK, but looking at topo maps of the area, it seems like you really have to be seriously, seriously unprepared (first step, no map) to not be able to get yourself out of a jam there. There's better ways to ford the Teklanika River, and other ways around if it's impossible to cross safely.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:48 pm 

Finally plucked up the courage to go to the barn today - my happy place. The old barn had to close due to the owner’s financial situation when she couldn’t teach due to COVID, so all the horses have been moved to a new place, and I’m co-leasing one of them with two other people.

I honestly felt like I was 11 years old again and just SO EXCITED to get to be with a horse for a couple hours! I think he remembers me - he pricked his ears when he heard my voice and said “Hey I know you! You’re the lady with apples!”

I had a great ride, and a huge smile on my face just getting to be with horses again. I was so happy and I’m looking forward to getting to ride more frequently (the co-lease agreement allows me to ride twice a week, before I was riding once a week).

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:12 pm 

I live near Dallas and was looking for free things to do on my days off. I saw somewhere mentioned going to visit Bonnie and Clyde's graves. I had never considered they may be buried in Dallas, so I went to go find them. I was very disappointed to know they were not buried together.

Apparantly Bonnie's mom didnt want her to be buried with Clyde. Bonnie's neice has wanted to move Bonnie's grave. There is still a spot next to him. But apparently it has to go through the court system.

I've always been interested in them. I would love to see the graves reunited. I know they were criminals and killers, but they were also in love, so it kinda seems unfair.

ETA, it was really kinda cool going to see their graves.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:19 pm 
Site Admin

I moved into a cube today. Yay me. I think my boss was really surprised that I didn't want the huge corner office (this is very much a "senior people get fancy offices, plebs get cubes" sort of office). but it's so gloomy in there - ugh. Now I have a window to look out of and I'm happily tucked away in back with the rest of the team.

Our billing lead got a big office too, and she confesses she finds it pretty isolating. At least she can look out the front of hers and see the windows. Mine was literally a box.

I rescued the poor fiddle leaf fig that was wilting in the corner in there too. Now he has a new home with sunlight too!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:37 pm 

^My office has a similar “plebs get cubes, higher-ups get offices” thing going, except for the longest time it’s been “whoever kisses management’s ass the most gets offices”. I’ve been in a cube the entire time I’ve been working here, because my work is not seen as important or valuable. I was in the world’s worst office ever (that I shared with two other people, it was a multiple-cubes-in-a-small-room type deal) for two years. If they tried to put me back somewhere like that again, I would quit on the spot. It was horrible.

We’re all working from home now, so it’s a moot point for the time being.

Today I shaved my legs for the first time since January. I’m currently wearing shorts and seeing how long it takes husband to notice.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:37 pm 

From The Guardian...
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... opting-out

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:01 am 

I saw that. But I never even pretended that it was "not now".

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:09 am 

I never understood the 'not now' gambit, to me that just left the door open to even more pestering and unwanted people sticking their nose in my twat.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1446 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1141 142 143 144 145 Next