The Childfree Life

When having it all, means not having kids
It is currently Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:03 am

All times are UTC-07:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1136 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1106 107 108 109 110114 Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:09 am 

She's 47, and hasn't been in a movie in a while. I guess she had little better to do. My guess is they had trying for a while though, given her age.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:29 am 

I never liked Cameron Diaz with that skeletal creepy smile of hers anyway. We still have Any Sedaris on our side and that's good enough for me!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:53 am 

I couldn't see why everyone thought she was all that, aside from the fact that she seemed to keep herself in quite athletic shape. At 47, she's likely to find that getting those pre-baby abs back will be a real PITA. If anyone would like some childbearing horror for the day, Google diastasis recti.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:33 pm 

I got a notice that I need to renew my driver's licence soon. The one I have is 8 years old, and apparently I can renew by mail and keep the same picture for another 8 years. No way is my hair going to be the same colour in 8 years. They only list eye colour on the license, probably because of hair dye. But still, allowing a 16 year old picture?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:52 pm 

My state allows pretty much the same thing. You can wind up using either an eight or even twelve year old picture (can't remember if you can do it twice or three times). I'm surprised that one can get away with it. I'd think they'd at least want to check your eyesight!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:24 am 

^I think my eye doctor sent the test results electronically when I had my annual exam. Because it said I had already submitted an eye test, and all I have done is get my annual checkup.

Looks like we're going to be in the Middle East *forever*. A coworker is in the National Guard, and his unit is getting deployed to the Middle East for a year. He knew the risks of joining the Army, but he's pissed that our politicians are going to start a big ass war for re-election reasons. I felt like saying, "Welcome to America. Where have you been?"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:47 am 

Hi Gang!! Sorry I disappeared for a bit. Been a crazy hectic couple of months, mainly because of work - which escalated the last couple of weeks in Dec. so I could take some time off. Then DH and I took a break in N.California over Xmas, followed by a couple of days at home before landing back at work on the 2nd (he was off until last Monday). Finally feeling like I'm coming back up for air so I thought I'd better let everyone know I was still alive!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:09 pm 

I had a nightmare the other night that I was pregnant and I was trying to get an abortion. The issue was that I had to have my husband with me in order to be able to have the abortion, but he was no where to be found. I guess he was busy at some teachers thing in my dream. I was freaking out because I didn't want to be this predicament, and so glad when I woke up.

Speaking of nightmares, a "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant" video showed up in my youtube recommendations with "Woman gives birth to baby after having her tubes time". That would be a personal nightmare for many of us here. That sounds absolutely horrible. Of course I had to watch it with morbid curiosity while cringing the whole time. The person in question in the actual video was all happy in the end. I would be absolutely devastated.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:07 pm 
Site Admin

House sale went through today, I'm officially homeless, yippee! And the condo people emailed an update to say drywall is done on my floor, they'll be painting and installing millwork in the next few weeks. All on track for May move-in :-)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:52 pm 

^^^ Congrats! Exciting!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1136 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1106 107 108 109 110114 Next