The Childfree Life

When having it all, means not having kids
It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:46 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1031 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1100 101 102 103 104 Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:20 pm 

Happy Thanksgiving to those in the US who are celebrating today!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:52 am 

Thanks! We had the usual items for the meal: turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, stuffing/dressing, cranberry relish, green beans, gravy, and pumpkin pie and gingerbread cake for afters.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:18 pm 

I had to sit Turkey Day out due to looking like I'm carrying the plague. I am sneezing, coughing, and battling an almost constant running nose, so I was not the person you'd want to have at your dinner table. My husband went in my place, and brought me home some food. I had a nice lie-in, and then binged "The Crown" whilst lazing about in my jammies on the couch.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:31 pm 

I worked. I didn't eat anything like traditional Thanksgiving foods. Yesterday was my birthday and I worked again. Woo I got to work!
They pay me, and my family was blessedly out of the house. I think it was a win.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:25 pm 

^^^ Hey, happy birthday!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:38 am 

Thanks, CO! all in all, I'm happy. Things are more good than bad, and I got to eat a lot of good food recently under the guise of "holidays" even though it's been curry and nothing holiday related. 😂

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:51 pm 
Site Admin

Some of you might remember my post about the friend who ended up accidentally pregnant a couple of years back, and decided to keep the kid.

She posted on Facebook today that she's newly single. Sounds like she and baby daddy are done.

Guess shit's about to get interesting. She told him before the kid was born that if they split, the kid was all his, she wasn't going to be a single parent. We'll see how that pans out.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:52 pm 

^That'll be interesting. If he doesn't want the kid either, she's probably going to be stuck with it.

Speaking of Facebook... goddamn Facebook. I had two incidents today:

First, a cousin-in-law of my husband's posts "Not Today Satan!", and it took all the willpower I have (which is considerable) to not write back, "Procrastinator".

Second, a friend often posts funny political stuff. She shared a meme about Trump's recent foray into the world of Photoshop. I had to go outside to laugh at one of them. There's a "no politics" rule at work, and if I was laughing like a hyena, someone would have asked me to share what was so darn funny, which I couldn't do.

This is why I almost never check Facebook at work, but it was a slow day today.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:42 am 

Okay, don't laugh, but RogerRabbit and I watch Countdown every afternoon with our cup of tea. It's our shared guilty pleasure. I have been watching it almost every day since I've been in the UK -- like, 35 years...But it's now becoming a bit challenging to sit through though, because Rachel Riley is Very Pregnant. She's never had the best dress sense (almost as bad a Carol Vorderman), but I am finding it very hard to look past her ginormous distended abdomen, to play the game. I'm one of those people who finds the entire concept of pregnancy extremely revolting anyway, but I can usually just avoid it. I will be so relieved when she finally has it.

But who is going to take over when she is on maternity leave?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:52 am 

Try ' 8 out of 10 cats does countdown ', last time I watched the show she wasn't pregnant and there's about a squillion series of it to watch before you're up to date.

My guilty pleasure is Bargain Hunt (or The Antiques Road Trip), I watch it every day when I'm having lunch. I don't think there's much danger of Paul Laidlaw or Anita Manning getting knocked up :D

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1031 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1100 101 102 103 104 Next