The Childfree Life

When having it all, means not having kids
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:54 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1010 posts ]  Go to page Previous 197 98 99 100 101 Next
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:06 am 

I've got heavy snow today, up here in the Welsh hills, unusually early in the season for the UK.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:45 am 

^^^ For us, it's the cold that's arrived early. We've already had overnight temps down to -9C and Tuesday, the high is predicted to be -4C and the low -11C.

Those are typical early January temps, not early November!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:55 am 

Yes, it really weird.

We've got weather warnings issued and some roads have already been closed....it's only 9th November, it's nowhere near being officially winter yet.

Just yesterday there was major flooding in South Yorkshire, so bad and sudden there have even been fatalities. :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:03 am 

All this weather is making me think of my Xmas deccies.

Last year I made a little snowy 'woodland brothel' scene in the living room and I've just ordered some light-up tomtes off eBay to add to it........You get the idea, little gnomes making their way to get some hard-core squirrel action! :D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:36 am 

I love the cold weather. I love the snow. I love not sweating the minute I walk outside. I love hot tea and being able to make soups, stews and chilis. Most of all I love being able to pile on clothes. I am a long pants and sweaters kinda gal, so I dislike summertime's fashions, as it makes me feel as if I'm positively unclothed.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:10 pm 

^^^ I could have (and have done) written all of that myself. Preach it! Preach the Gospel Of Winter! Right out of the Book Of Frosty!

Right now, I'm wearing jeans, fuzzy socks, boots, an undershirt, a thick checked shirt, and a button-up sweater vest, and I'm loving it.

I had to go out earlier, and I was all like, "Oh, a scarf! I get to wear a scarf! A big heavy scarf, that's what I'm wearing! Haha!" :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:40 pm 

Quote:
Yes, it really weird.

We've got weather warnings issued and some roads have already been closed....it's only 9th November, it's nowhere near being officially winter yet.

Just yesterday there was major flooding in South Yorkshire, so bad and sudden there have even been fatalities. :shock:
I'm on another forum, and there are a lot of British members, and a few of them have reported being flooded in, so to speak. It's a wild world!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:25 pm 

I love wearing wool suits, wool socks, collared shirts and sweaters on top. I love my wool overcoats, my gloves, my toques, and scarves. I absolutely love scarves. I too get excited about getting to wear scarves. And the pyjamas... oh, I love my flannel jim-jams. I have some that are sort of a Black Watch plaid, and another set that's cream with branches, berries, and cardinals (the birds, not the religious folk - that would be totally weird) on it. I positively hate summer. There are no clothes that are good enough to keep me cool. I sweat in everything, even in the A/C, and when lounging about the house, I usually have to wear a tank top and some old shorts. It makes me feel naked.

My husband likes the cold weather as well. He's not a fan of heat and humidity, and he likes being able to not shave constantly as he has to do in the summer. He was sporting a mustache, which made him look like a '70s adult film star, or like he was missing some circulation-stopping jeans, a Hawaiian shirt, and a red Ferrari - take your pick. I guess he realised it wasn't a good look, so he's gone for a worse one - 'stache and stubble, which makes him look like the bad guy from that last Mission Impossible film. I hope things will get sorted in a week or so.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:53 pm 
Site Admin

When I was tiling my shower during renos, I dropped a tile on the new bath, and took a chunk out of it (lots of swearing). So I ordered a repair kit, and today I took a knife to the wound to clean it up and repair it.

Taking a knife to the bath made me SUPER nervous. I don't know why, it's already scarred and I'm making it better not worse! I don't know what I have to be nervous about!

Thankfully the repair process was really easy. It looks pretty good, and it's finishing baking right now. Tomorrow I get to sand and polish it, and hopefully it comes up OK.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:38 am 

Today in "How to Wiretap Yourself" - They are coming out with an Alexa-enabled Christmas tree.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1010 posts ]  Go to page Previous 197 98 99 100 101 Next