The Childfree Life

When having it all, means not having kids
It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:14 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1004 posts ]  Go to page Previous 193 94 95 96 97101 Next
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:15 pm 

^^ Same!! YouTube rabbit holes are the best for household tasks.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:32 am 

Go Grannies!!!
https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending ... nDbdZH8mss

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:14 am 

I was just about to post the same link!
Cheered me up no end. :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:26 pm 
Site Admin

Brilliant. And I agree with the user who asks why everyone is hating on the grannies, rather than teaching their kids to pipe the fuck down.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:41 am 
Site Admin

Last night Mrs. LP and I watched Queer Eye. It was the episode with the episode with the trans man. Whenever he would talk about his transition I was like "me too, bro, except the opposite".

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:21 pm 

I am pretty sure a chipmunk stole some money from me. I had a few dollar Bill's, my keys, my phone, and my coffee mug in my hands when I was unlocking the back door to the house the other day. It wasn't windy at all, but I dropped two bills in the flowerbed where a chipmunk has his burrow. The chipmunk was out and about because he "chirped" and darted down the hole when I walked toward the door. I go inside, put all my stuff down, and go back outside for the cash I dropped, but one dollar is gone. There were two dollars not a foot from the chipmunk's burrow entrance. I pick up the dollar that is still present, and while I am staring at the burrow hole, I see a little striped face peek out and then disappear. I think the chipmunk grabbed it for whatever hibernation nest he's building. Apparently I thwarted his attempt to grab the remaining dollar.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:08 pm 

Quote:
I am pretty sure a chipmunk stole some money from me.
That's the best opening line I've read in a while. Just read that one line...roll it around your brain...it's a good 'un. It's almos noir-like in its simplicity and directness.

A person could get a good story going with that:

"I am pretty sure a chipmunk stole some money from me. I don't know why, and I don't know how, but I intend to find out, even if I have to shake out every burrow and every hollow in every tree in this suburb. No one steals money from me, not even a lousy chipmunk."

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:02 am 

...."I did wonder what a chipmunk would need cash for, but only briefly. It was the principal of the thing. Maybe it had starving chipmunk babies, or maybe it was just a crack-head chipmunk. It didn't matter in the end. I needed those two dollars more than it did."...

Still my favourite opening line: "It was the afternoon of my eighty-first birthday, and I was in bed with my catamite when Ali announced that the archbishop had come to see me."
-Anthony Burgess, Earthly Powers

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:32 am 

^^ That Burgess novel opening line is my favourite too!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:52 am 

"My first task was to talk to one of the mice. Everyone knows mice are the weasels of the animal world, and if anyone would spill the beans on that deadbeat 'munk, it'd be a mouse."

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1004 posts ]  Go to page Previous 193 94 95 96 97101 Next