The Childfree Life

When having it all, means not having kids
It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:55 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1031 posts ]  Go to page Previous 189 90 91 92 93104 Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:38 pm 

LaT, you are in Wales. This is what summers are always like there.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:28 am 

I just heard somebody talking about school meals. I remember I liked my school dinners, especially the puddings. On occasion if you were at the back of the queue, the food would run out. We never knew if it was a miscalculation with the catering or just more people than usual had turned up, whatever. We were then given some dry crackers and a lump of cheddar cheese, and told to get on with it. Good life lesson!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:44 pm 

Every time I go into Walmart they check my receipt upon leaving. Every. Single. Time. I must look like someone who is going to steal, and someone who is going to steal a 40 lb bag of bird seed at that.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:09 pm 

Sams Club does it too... It used to be a cursory glance and a mark with a pen, but now they have a gizmo... they scan the barcode at the bottom of the receipt, which brings up an image of all the items, and then they have to rescan one item. It's a real PITA if the machine doesn't work properly.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:15 pm 

I left Walmart the other day with two items in a bag from self checkout. Securitas guy asked to see my receipt. I replied "it's in the bag" and kept walking. "Yeah, but I asked to see it though." He replied, smiling at me. Does that work on people? Not me.
I said again, firmly with no smile "it's in the bag."

They don't have any right to stop me as far as I know. Fuck em.

Half the time I don't even stop when in at Costco. Especially if I get something I can stick in my pursebag

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:56 am 

I have noticed that people using the Walmart plastic bags never get stopped, but I use reusable bags, and I seem to get stopped every time. They must have noticed an uptick in boosted goods once people started using reusable bags. And the scanner thing sucks. I already had all my stuff scanned at the register, and now we have to do it a second time at the door?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:11 pm 

Making Bacon and Egg pie. It's been a long time since I made a pie (even with ready-made pastry), and the pie dish was bigger than I remembered... But it doesn't look too bad so far...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:39 pm 

^^^ I can't wait to see it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:11 pm 

I can't figure out how to add the photo... :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:19 pm 

^^^ I'm on a phone, so just below the Submit button, there's a tab for Attachments.

I click that, then Add Files, and that pulls up my camera roll and I just select from there.

One word of warning...the site has a very stringent size limit.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1031 posts ]  Go to page Previous 189 90 91 92 93104 Next