The Childfree Life

When having it all, means not having kids
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:09 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 952 posts ]  Go to page Previous 183 84 85 86 8796 Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:28 am 

That's a good way to look at it! Thanks, CO! bonnie lass. I like it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:13 am 

I have been mistaken for a man in a dress once, but it was Halloween and I was dressed as a flapper. I was also at the height of my tennis years, and had some serious arms and shoulders on a not-voluptuous 5'10" frame. Mistakes could easily be made in my case. I think maybe the person mistook you for an older lady. Now that my hair is going grey, I have had people mistake me for much older. They've even apologized, saying they just looked at my hair, and assumed I was in my 50s.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:46 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
^^^ For some folks, "ma'am" equals "older woman to whom I must be deferential" - maybe they thought you were older than you are, then upon seeing you, realized you're a youngster, a miss, a girl, a bonnie lass. :)
This. As a trans woman, I'm thrilled to hear "ma'am", but was over the moon the couple of times I've gotten "miss" instead. I'm 45, so it doesn't happen often.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:06 am 

I see adverts on TV for hair dye featuring celebrities, and it makes me chuckle. Can you imagine Celine Dion popping down to her local Superdrug for a box of L'Oreal semi permanent hair colour?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:43 am 

I'm so with you on that xamra, I often think of the utter nonsense it is using 'celebs' to advertise products you just know they wouldn't use in a squillion years.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:54 am 

La T, can you imagine them digging out the scruffy dye stained towel to use, so that they don't ruin the good ones :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:10 pm 

A fly somehow got into the house, and the tabby cat’s been chasing it around. She’s actually a pretty good hunter - I’ve seen her catch them out of the air before. She’s mommy’s sweet little homicidal maniac.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:34 am 
Site Admin

A while back there was a spider in our living room. Our two cats who normally only tolerate each other put aside their differences to hunt it. Poor spider never stood a chance.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:58 am 

I can chase a fly around for hours, whapping with a magazine or a teatowel, spraying cleaner at it to try and knock it out, blast it with sub-atomic weapons and still bzzzzz bzzzzzz. Then my little fuzzball cat can sit there on the windowsill, here comes the fly...pat pat pat: NOM!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:39 am 

A friend of a friend got hella triggered when I referred to a semi-automatic transmission as a "flappy-paddle gearbox". She called me "obnoxious". Dafuq? They call them that at the dealership, for crying out loud.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 952 posts ]  Go to page Previous 183 84 85 86 8796 Next