The Childfree Life

When having it all, means not having kids
It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:01 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 833 posts ]  Go to page Previous 166 67 68 69 7084 Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:15 pm 

I just had a case of cat food show up at my door.

I think auto-ship is magical; the cat is less impressed.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:20 pm 

Oh dear lord! I was reading something on reddit and found this comment. It makes me wanna puke! :( :? I dont wanna fall in love with the wrong guy and get bit by baby rabies! That's my worst fear. But then again, didn't say she was CF.
Quote:
This is my fiance too. When we first started hooking up she was all like "just so you know Im not into relationships" 6 months later and now she wants to be married and have kids with me and settle down. It was really adorable how hard she was trying to hide the fact that she was falling head over heels for me.

Attachments:
shareontcflforum.png
shareontcflforum.png [ 73.96 KiB | Viewed 281 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:13 am 

A couple of things from Teh Intarwebs...

1. Bullsh*t article from The Guardian... Some good comments tho...

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... pamper-pet

2. Mat from The Oatmeal has a new book coming out..."Why my cat is more impressive than your baby"

https://www.facebook.com/theoatmeal/pho ... =3&theater

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:39 pm 

"Think about the poor souls who have a sour dough starter to worry about. No one ever considers their holiday needs."

I read that post in the comments sections and thought of Herbaceous!! :D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:08 pm 

Picked up my traveling shoes today. These are specifically for the long airplane ride. Last time, my feet swelled up something awful, which has never happened before, and it freaked me right the fuck out. I'd taken off my lace-ups because they were killing my feet and put on some slippers, and then found I couldn't get my lace-ups back on.

So I bought these really pliable loafers/driving mocs and we'll see how they do. I texted a pic to my nephew, who considers himself somewhat fashion-forward, and he texted back, "Nice. You'll be one sophisticated lady in those." :lol:

Attachments:
FA087299-A5F1-4DD1-BD37-2191493459FA.jpeg
FA087299-A5F1-4DD1-BD37-2191493459FA.jpeg [ 181.93 KiB | Viewed 256 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:57 pm 

Quote:
"Think about the poor souls who have a sour dough starter to worry about. No one ever considers their holiday needs."

I read that post in the comments sections and thought of Herbaceous!! :D
Okay, I have to tell a friend about this. They're CF and a dedicated sourdough baker. Hilarious.

ETA: my random item...I got one item in my car replaced (computer module that controls cooling system; cooling fans had been nonfunctional), and that wound up fixing TWO issues! The air conditioner has been out for years, and apparently the problem lay in that same module! Now I have A/C! SCORE!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:02 pm 
Site Admin

CO, my feet swell when I fly too. I usually wear runners, because at least they're somewhat flexy and easy to get back on.

Today was my last heavy workout before weightlifting nationals next weekend. I caught a cold in Austin (ugh, although it's very mild compared to the one I caught on Portland, which took me out for nearly two weeks), so my joints have been stiff and achy for the last couple of days, but at least 85% of max weight today felt OK. Now to eat and make sure I stay over the weight class cutoff, stay mobile and coast downhill to the finish line. I'm already getting nervous!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:14 am 

We're all rootin' for you Ali! Best of luck....although you won't need it! :D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:36 am 

I'm on four forums (four-ums?) regularly; a cooking forum, a musician's forum, a car forum, and this one.

This is the only forum that doesn't bug me in some way. The cooking forum, there's the one poster who includes her child in everything (I mentioned that before), and there's a lot of pretentious behavior overall. People rave over the latest Bolivian fusion dish, made with ingredients you can only get online, but post a pot roast or fried chicken...nothing.

The musician's forum, there's one guy who posts in colloquial hillbilly-speak, and it makes his posts hard for me to read: "Ahm goin' ta the store t'mar, an' rahgt now, Ahm-a figurin' on fixin' a mater sammich."

The car forum, there's one guy who just insists on being an unhelpful ass at every turn. He either posts completely unhelpful remarks or chides users for not doing their own repairs, regardless of how complex.

I used to be on a travel forum and actually left that after getting suspended for calling kids "turdlettes" - though I mainly left because it was such a cumbersome format.

But here, it's just so relaxed.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:02 am 

^I would definitely agree with you on that. This forum is a breath of fresh air. I can say what I want without someone ripping me a new one. Some of the other FB groups, forums, or subreddits I follow and post in can be rigid their particular forum/group culture. If you deviate from it a little bit, you get put in your place, and I'm not talking about trolls. I suppose that's how social groups and organizations in real life can be as well. You have to fall in line with whatever it is they want everyone to be. Sometimes I just want to be relaxed and not worry the ins and outs of navigating them.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 833 posts ]  Go to page Previous 166 67 68 69 7084 Next