The Childfree Life

When having it all, means not having kids
It is currently Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:58 am

All times are UTC-07:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 630 posts ]  Go to page Previous 159 60 61 62 63 Next
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:55 pm 

Ugh, bra straps. I haven't found any that stay put, and I am in the "fuller-figured" part of the spectrum. I do have pretty broad shoulders, so one would think that wouldn't be a problem. Nope. They slip.

I've also noticed a trend toward stupidly-wide straps on non-sports bras. If it's a regular day and all I'm doing is going to work, household errands, etc, then all I need are regular straps.

Honestly my entire attitude right now is:

Dear Fashion Industry,

*shakes fist*

Love,
Me

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:28 am 

I got into an argument via Twitter last night with a local politician. I should have just kept my mouth shut, but after I (respectfully, I thought) made my point, she blocked me.

It's bothering me way more than it should.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:03 pm 

^^^ That reflects very poorly on the politician. Listening to the public, whether respectful or not (up to the point of threats, etc) is their freaking job, after all, and if they can't stand the confrontation, they need to get out of the office they occupy.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:35 pm 

My cat keeps on stepping on the power button on my UPS and subsequently knocking out my computer. She's so old and thus so bad at jumping that I can actually put things up out of reach pretty easily, but the whole point of a UPS is that it's on the floor where everything can plug into it. I'm about ready to just carve a few cable-holes into a shoe box and put it upside-down over the UPS. Sadly, there are no empty shoe boxes in the house. I'll have to rummage around and find something about the right size and shape for cat-proofing my UPS.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:35 am 

At work, if we do certain "healthy" activities, we get points awarded, and then those points are redeemable for money on our health spending accounts. Get a flu shot...200 points. Take an online nutrition class...500 points, etc. 1,000 points = $100.

Since the first of the year, they've added tracking steps to the list of activities. 3,000 steps in a day...10 points, 5,000 steps is 25 points, and 10,000 steps is 100 points.

I've never cared about steps before, I just tried to walk as much as possible during the day. Now, since there's actual money tied to my steps, I'm getting obsessed. Every time I get up from the couch, it's, "Where's my phone?! WHERE'S MY DAMN PHONE?!?!" :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:34 am 

^Hah, I've gotten like that a bit lately too. Last year I downloaded a popular cycling app called Strava. Used it a bit towards the end of the year - it tracks your kilometers travelled, speed, active time, that sort of stuff. It's fun.

This year, I decided to track all of my cycling kms to see how far I actually ride in a year- I'm curious. Now as soon as I get on my bike I'm like "where's my phone? I need my Strava on!" And I'm not even getting money for it, just a bit of friendly competition with a few friends.

I'm at 138 km for the year so far!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:09 pm 

I'm in the office today, and I was having a bit of flirty fun with a few of the women in the office, just being chatty in the break room.

Walked back to my desk, went to sit, noticed my fly was down the entire time. Oops!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:16 pm 

I had one of the original Fitbits - the clip-on, not the wrist type. I used it when I was doing a big weight loss kick - P90x, tracking calories etc... It helped keep me moving especially when I wasn't working (sitting on my butt too much). I would find myself walking around the house for no other purpose than hitting my 10K steps per day...

I haven't used it in a while, and I've thought about restarting, but I get a bit to obsessed about hitting my targets... and my job is even more sitting than before. If I can't hit the target, I'm going to get miserable...

Something that our healthcare company mentioned was https://mindbody.io/ It's kinda like Opentable for small gyms/workout classes. It tells you everything in an area, and lets you see class times, etc. There are even some free ones on there. I've been thinking about trying some new stuff...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:04 am 

I went out to fill the bird feeders this morning and discovered a decapitated chicken on the grass ( no idea at all where it could have come from I don't know of any neighbours who keep chickens), I don't know whether to just leave it and see if a buzzard grabs it, the crows have a go or if a fox has it away over night.,,,or to just dump it in the bin.

I'm also wondering if I'm to expect a burning cross to appear on the lawn at some point! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:36 am 

LaTormenta

never mind the burning crosses
can Jolyon Maugham and his kimono be far behind?

and hello!! xx

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 630 posts ]  Go to page Previous 159 60 61 62 63 Next