The Childfree Life

When having it all, means not having kids
It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:33 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 564 posts ]  Go to page Previous 153 54 55 56 57
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:28 pm 

I would have walked out with the dog food at that point. It's been established you paid for it by more than one store employee. I'd just put it in a bag and walk out. So frustrating!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:11 am 

Last night we had to bring the cats back home from the cottage. We managed to get both of them into the car without any major trouble, yay! For rides to the cottage, we usually don't crate them, we put little harnesses on them and then they have short leashes that click into the seatbelts in the back so they have a little more freedom (can look out the windows etc), but they won't get under the driver's feet or anything.

However, the tortoiseshell tends to get carsick. The backseat was covered in blankets so she wouldn't ruin the upholstery, we had paper towels, and a plastic bag, so I figured we'd be prepared.

About an hour into the ride, she starts heaving, as predicted...and yaks up a hairball directly into the shoes I had sitting next to my feet in the backseat. No ricochet, a direct hit right into my shoe.

How on earth is her aim so good?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:31 pm 
Site Admin

Awww, I took my wee girl on her first road trip this weekend! She was so good in the car. She feels safe in her crate, so I leave the door open, and she can wander in and out to use the litter box, or sit and look out the back window. The drive was 8 hours going to Nelson, and 9 coming home through a nasty early snowstorm (we got a couple of feet of snow at home while I was gone). I left her in the car while I went to the hot springs, and when I came back she was perched on top of her crate, just watching the people come and go.

She was a little freaked out by the people walking above us in the hotel, so if she wasn't grooming or looking out the window at the main street, she'd burrow under the covers and hang out there while I read or watched TV.

And she got so many compliments on how good she was in her bubble backpack when we went shopping. No fuss at all. I do need to get a piece of plywood for the base, as it buckles a little bit under her weight, it would be better if it was a bit sturdier.

I laughed last night. She was happy to be home and went out to check out her yard. She dropped out the cat door on to the deck, and up to her neck in snow. She flounced across to the back fence and over it, but she wasn't gone long before she came back, leaping in huge bounds through the snow in the back yard, and back in the door ... most miffed at the weather! Hopefully some of it will have melted by the time I get home today.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:04 am 

I forgot my lunch today so I'll have to buy something. Last time I bought lunch on campus, it took me 40 minutes to get a sandwich.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 564 posts ]  Go to page Previous 153 54 55 56 57