The Childfree Life

When having it all, means not having kids
It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:24 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 561 posts ]  Go to page Previous 153 54 55 56 57 Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:49 pm 

We have the other problem... I went looking at clothes tonight, and all the lovely Fall stuff is in... lots of jackets and sweaters in gorgous colors. Trouble is, it's STILL over 100F outside...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:15 am 

I'm dying for cooler daytime temps to hit. I want to wear my sweaters and jackets!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:25 am 
Site Admin

I have two or three dresses I'm holding off wearing right now because temps are still in the 90s.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:34 pm 

To me the only vaguely positive aspect of dropping temperatures is that the cashmere sweaters can come out of storage soon. I love cashmere.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:10 am 

I can't decide what to do with my remaining 4 days of vacation that expire in the new year. I didn't have to use any for kid illnesses or kid appointments, so I had lots of days to play with.:)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:13 pm 

I have 15 days left this year. I'll use a couple for Thanksgiving and Xmas, and about 1.5 when my sister's here... I want to take a week of at Xmas but i'm not sure if it will pan out...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:18 pm 

My husband got his bonus yesterday, and we were able to pay off the rest of our line of credit (woohoo!). We went out to dinner to celebrate, and we both ordered pizza. The pizza at this place doesn’t come pre-cut, but instead of a regular pizza cutter, they give you a pair of scissors (like kitchen shears) to cut it with. I’m a lefty and right-handed scissors just don’t work for me, so husband had to get up and cut my pizza for me before I could eat it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:52 pm 

Oh, the day I've had today... :cry:

First, it's flu shot time, and we got the notice last week that flu shots for employees and families are 100% covered. For employees, there's three ways to get a shot:

1. Print out a voucher and go to any Walgreens
2. Go to an on-site flu clinic at your work location
3. Go to any CVS and show your prescription card

For families, the only option is the third one.

Went to CVS today to pick up some meds, and they asked if I wanted to get my flu shot. Sure, why not?

Gave her my card, she ran it, and said, "Weird...it says you're not covered. You need to call your HR department."

Back home, called HR, and the voice prompts referred me to a third-party vendor who's handling all flu shot-related questions.

I called them. They said I should be covered, so maybe I should call HR. I called HR back.

After waiting on hold for 20 minutes, HR told me I was covered and that I should call the number on the back of my prescription card (CVS).

So I called CVS. They also said I was covered, and that I should go back to the local CVS pharmacy and try again, and if there was still a problem, then the pharmacy should call their helpline.

I went back into town because I forgot to get dog food anyway, so I stopped by CVS again, tried again, no luck, they called their helpline, and their helpline said...wait for it...the medicine in the shot is covered, but the fee for the pharmacy personnel to administer the shot is not covered, therefore, they can't give me the shot, and that I should...wait for it some more...call my HR department.

So I called my HR department again, and this time, the helpful advice was, "Just print out a voucher and go to Walgreens."

Yeah, ok, um...WHAT ABOUT MY WIFE?!?! The website plainly says that family members must go to CVS and use their card, they're not eligible for the voucher.

It took me explaining that about six times before she understood why I was so pissed off.

All that led to was opening a ticket with Benefits, and "someone will call you in 24-48 hours." Great.

Onto the store to pickup dog food...

I use Kroger's Scan-Bag-Go and pay through my phone so I don't have to go through any lines. Well, I was so pissed off about the flu shot crap that I picked up a roll of dog food, scanned it, tossed it in my bag, then changed the quantity on the app to three, but walked off without putting the other two rolls in my bag.

Got home, saw that I had just the one roll, realized what I did, called Kroger, and to their credit, they said I can just come back in, show them my order on my phone, and they'd take my word for it and give me two more rolls of food.

Great...third trip back into town.

Got to Kroger, waited and waited and waited at customer service, finally got up there, pulled out my phone, pulled up the app, went to my order, clicked the link for the order details...nothing.

"Oh yeah, that takes like a day or two to show up."

:x

Then she suggested I call the credit card that I paid with and have them verify to her that there was a charge for Kroger in the total my phone showed.

So I dug out my card, called, waited...waited...finally got someone, he verified it, I turned to her and...she's on the goddamn phone knee-deep in some other problem!

Now, the guy at the credit card company has to wait on her to finish, which she finally does, I put him on speaker, and I ask him again to verify, which he does, and we hang up, and she says, "Ok, sounds good. Now once that shows up on your phone, come back and we'll give you those two rolls of dog food."

What?!?! She already said that! Why did she make me call the card company if it wasn't going to change the damn outcome?!

Not only that, but I also got, "I'm off the next two days, so I'll let someone know." Sure you will...

That's been my whole day, on the phone with various support people, and nothing resolved.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:31 pm 

^^You have my sympathy, CarryOn - if I had a day like that I’d probably be chugging vodka straight from the bottle.

I’m wondering how this week is going to end...it’s Friday the 13th AND a full moon. I’m not particularly superstitious, but I do believe things sometimes get weird around the full moon.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:17 pm 

Quote:
I’m a lefty and right-handed scissors just don’t work for me, so husband had to get up and cut my pizza for me before I could eat it.
I'm a lefty too, but I cannot use left-handed scissors or a left-handed can opener to save my life. Even when I was a kid and not being forced to use right-handed scissors, I just couldn't do it. I am in awe of people that can use scissors, can openers and computer mice left-handed.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 561 posts ]  Go to page Previous 153 54 55 56 57 Next