The Childfree Life

When having it all, means not having kids
It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:49 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 446 posts ]  Go to page Previous 141 42 43 44 45 Next
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 9:25 am 
Site Admin

Sleep apnea is a bitch. I love my CPAP machine. It's nice to not wake up feeling like a zombie every morning. And the wife is happy she doesn't have to listen to my snoring.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 10:05 pm 

I am with you on that one, LadyPhoenix. I like to say that my spouse might be the one wearing the CPAP mask, but the machine helps two people get a good night's sleep.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:38 am 

So my sister likes to send me a parcel from Canada every year -- she likes to shop and she is a generous person. However, I am "anti-more-stuff" and I don't really like to get random shit I have to say thank-you for. The only thing I actually want her to send is Turtles, and maybe some Lipton soup and some Kraft dinner every now and then.

But this time, she not only sent a tonne of random stuff, but put a value of $70Can on the customs form (FSM knows how she managed to get to that much), and with the pound in the toilet, that meant it was over the £39 duty-free limit. So I had to pay a customs charge and the Royal Mail processing fee on top. So that's it -- I have to tell her no more packages. She'll be hurt.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:01 pm 

I spent all day today outdoors, helping out with a horseback riding demo my barn was putting on at the local fairgrounds. I sunburned the shit out of my arms. Probably wasn’t the best day to test out whether the eco-friendly sunscreen is as effective as the regular stuff (that having been said, I’m pigment-challenged and I burn super easily).

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:40 pm 

Yeah I did something similar, Herbaceous. Burnt my arms a bit while outside. I am possibly the whitest person on the planet, and it's the time of year where I haven't been outside much and thus am so white I practically glow in the dark. I have to be pretty careful.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:34 pm 
Site Admin

If I hang the washing on the line, is it going to storm like it did yesterday and soak it all again?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:36 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
So I had to pay a customs charge and the Royal Mail processing fee on top. So that's it -- I have to tell her no more packages. She'll be hurt.
I gave up sending stuff to my family in NZ many years ago. When it costs more to ship it than to buy it, you're on a hiding to nothing. That's what the internet and online shopping is for. I order my niece and nephews Xmas presents online, they arrive two days later and shipping is nominal.

There are things I'd like to order from home, but for what it costs, it's not worth it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:35 pm 

We're having the second set of french doors replaced on Friday. It's now hitting 100F (after a very cool and wet Spring), so I'm not looking forward to having to turn the AC off while there's a hole in the side of my house (I get to stay home while they install). Then I read the weather forecast - chance of rain in the afternoon. FFS...

I'm really fair skinned (I used to call myself The Other White Meat), so it's Factor 1000 and coverups all summer long. I did pick up the Neutrogena line of 100+ sunscreen and it really helps. Their spray is super-light and stood up to 2 hours on a boat on the ocean at the weekend. I didn't burn at all - even got a little color, which will emphasis the farmer tan nicely...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:26 pm 

The AC is blowing warm air in my car. I don't have time to get it fixed until next week. I've been driving with windows down, and I really don't enjoy it. It's too loud and my hair now smells like exhaust and diesel fumes. I'm sure it'll cost an arm and leg to get it fixed.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:22 am 

It's a beautiful day outside but I'm stuck in work, where the temperature is stupidly high because the blooming thermostat is based in London instead of here! Which quite frankly is idiotic considering we're not based in London, we're up in Scotland.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 446 posts ]  Go to page Previous 141 42 43 44 45 Next