The Childfree Life

When having it all, means not having kids
It is currently Wed May 18, 2022 4:30 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:48 pm 
Site Admin

Guess you got your answer. How fun!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:19 pm 

I knew that would happen. I am only surprised more people didn't get killed. So far only one insurrectionist was killed by law enforcement at the Capitol. Zero thoughts, zero prayers for her.

I hope Pence decides to 25th the orange bastard for turning the mob on him after Pence said he wouldn't engage in any shenanigans with the vote counting. It will take a majority of cabinet level agency heads, but the laws against sedition are pretty vague in a sense. Sure would show you aren't part of the sedition gang if you removed the Traitor in Chief.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:46 am 

So if Pence does the 25th, and it passes, and Trump is removed: does Pence get to be President for the last week? I'd say that would be a good incentive to do it, getting to officially be President but not really having to do anything while in office. It would make a great trivia question for a pub quiz in 20 or 30 years.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:40 am 

He would be President. Apparently cabinet heads were discussing 25th action last night after Trump had a meltdown after Twitter suspended him.

I don't wholly believe the peaceful transfer of power statement. He's too unbalanced, delusional and vengeful. I am very glad that counter protestors stayed away so Trump owns this 100%. The "other side" didn't take the bait, so it was all Trumpanistas rioting at the Capitol, respecting law enforcement as they love to proclaim.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:43 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
He would be President. Apparently cabinet heads were discuI am very glad that counter protestors stayed away so Trump owns this 100%. The "other side" didn't take the bait, so it was all Trumpanistas rioting at the Capitol, respecting law enforcement as they love to proclaim.
Didn't stop the far right from trying to claim it was Antifa though. No one with any sense believes this, but still.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:36 pm 
Site Admin

I read a couple of articles this morning that said that the process for the 25th would probably take three weeks, and he only has two left to run. Let's hope that the people surrounding him have the sense to shut down any stupid impulses, although the way things are going this morning the last person out might have to turn out the lights.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:18 am 

I am watching my first inauguration today. I really want to add to the viewership numbers. Let Biden beat Trump with that too.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:45 pm 

I was working, so I missed the swearing in. I came home for lunch, so I listened to part of his speech on NPR. Then watched the rest when I got home. Amanda Goreman was amazing. I was in awe as she recited her poem. I did watch the swearing in a little later on youtube. I didn't do anything special other than shed some happy tears. I feel like we just got out of a toxic/abusive relationship as a nation.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:58 pm 

^That is exactly how a woman I work with described Trump's presidency. She left an abusive relationship when she was young, and she said she couldn't even listen to Trump talk because it triggered anxiety she hadn't felt in 20 years.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:52 pm 

I did indeed crack open my bottle of Port at 11:45 on Wednesday. It tasted mighty fine. My Never Trump Republican friend had a Jamison's and Coke.

Now it seems that The Orange One sent the White House household staff home for the day as he left so the Bidens would have no one to help them move in. What a dick.