The Childfree Life

When having it all, means not having kids
It is currently Wed May 18, 2022 5:22 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: Biden/Harris!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:21 pm 

So how is everyone feeling? I know the show isn't over until the fat bastard has packed his u-haul, but how's the world looking for our American friends now?

Post subject: Re: Biden/Harris!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:08 am 

We're happy over here, even if we do live in a deep red state!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:50 am 

I’m Canadian, and I am relieved.

US elections are super frustrating for me because they do affect us quite a bit (obviously we’re geographically close to the US, and our economy is also closely tied to theirs), but all we can do is sit and watch and hope like hell that our friends to the south do the right thing.

To be quite frank, the US to me has seemed like a nation nearing civil war for the last several months. I do hope that is not the case and that the transition of government goes smoothly. But for now, I’m just happy that Biden/Harris got elected.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:27 pm 

I'm very happy and excited with reservation until we reach January when he's sworn. I wouldn't put it past Drump to do everything to stay in office. I look forward to someone who is kind and level headed. I feel good with Kamala Harris being his VP.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:44 pm 
Site Admin

When it looked for a while like it was going to be shades of 2016 all over again, I had to turn the news off for three days. Once Biden took the lead in the last few states and then won Pennsylvania, everyone I know breathed a sigh of relief. Thankfully, in the end the margin of victory was enough that we're not going to have Gore/Bush all over again. Trump has nothing but a bunch of hot air to file lawsuits on. He may force a recount in Arizona, but that might be about it as far as pandering to his fraud fantasies. We all got told in 2016 to suck it up. Well, now it's time for him and his to do the same.

He really is a pissy 11 year old in a man suit. Failing to concede? Firing his defence guy? Pouting and whining on Twitter? Freaking out about how Fox News sold him out? (although I have to admit, that bit's kind of delicious). He said he was going to leave if he lost the election - well, don't let the door hit ya where the Lord split ya, and don't even think about coming to Canada.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:50 am 

Quote:
and don't even think about coming to Canada.
I think he's been threatening to come and live in Scotland. If he does the Scottish National Party may get the independence they want after all!! I think the English will be rebuilding Hadrian's Wall :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:50 am 

Best headline:
https://www.ayrshiredailynews.co.uk/pos ... l-election

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:00 pm 

If we're lucky enough to have him leave, my money's on Russia. Although, I suspect that he would then suffer the same fate of others who have pissed off Putin. He's not smart enough to see that coming though.

Not sure if some in the WH are actually planning a coup, but it sure seems like they're going to try to burn the place down before they leave. Someone will probably take a shit on the Resolute desk.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:03 pm 

@JessicaRabbit, I kinda hope he doesn't pack his stuff, and is frog-marched out by the Secret Service instead.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:46 am 

He's not going anywhere, as far as leaving the country goes. To Trump, there are only two places worth a shit, NYC and Florida.

And he's not going to face any jail time whatsoever. The absolute worst he'll get stuck with is fighting years-long legal battles, which he's used to already, because that's been his entire adult life, and maybe end up (not) paying a fine or two.

People at that level of the government don't go to jail. They just don't. Any serious pursuit will be put aside in favor of "uniting the country," and if anybody goes to jail or otherwise has their life ruined, it'll come from the department deputies and underlings, people we've never heard of, the cadre of scapegoats kept around for just that reason.