The Childfree Life

When having it all, means not having kids
It is currently Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:15 am

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:19 pm 
BANNED

Thanks, you gals! :)

TBH, I really don't see why exactly Henry thought that it was funny to make a joke about self-harm. I mean, self-harm is a terrible thing and I certainly wish that I never succumbed to it! :(

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:13 pm 
BANNED

Quote:
I have lots of scars from bike crashes, parrot bites, and other mishaps. I have left them alone. Laser removal sounds painful and expensive, and not worth it for me. I rarely have anyone outside of kids ask about my most visible scar. I think they ask because it is odd-looking, like I got clawed by something. I fell off my bike and the chainring cut up my right thigh, causing the series of parallel scars. It's visible if I wear anything shorter than knee length, or if I sit down and my Bermudas ride up. If it didn't look like claw marks, I doubt anyone - child or adult - would enquire about it. If no one has asked about your scar, it's likely they've never even noticed it, or they chalked it up to surgery or an accident.
Yeah, to my knowledge, absolutely no one other than me has noticed my scar after it has healed and became white. Still, I'm very self-conscious about it. It's clearly visible--a straight white line on my pink skin. :(

I really do hope that eventually I will be able to afford laser scar removal. I really want my scar to go away. :( Interestingly enough, had I known that my scar was going to be permanent, I would have never cut myself with a kitchen knife back when I was 14 (specifically in early 2007, when I was in ninth grade).