The Childfree Life

When having it all, means not having kids
It is currently Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:20 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:04 am 

I usually eat more unhealthily in the winter too - all the "good stuff" to eat like pumpkin pie and stuffing and Halloween candy really gets me. Plus, it's dark out as soon as I get off work, and it's so cold outside, I don't feel as motivated to do anything except lay around under the blankets.

I just went to my first spin class in nearly ten years! :D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:04 pm 

I train in Muay Thai (kickboxing) and BJJ. My weight is still higher than I like so I've started tracking what I eat and using an elimination diet (to rid myself of junk foods and re-establish bad habits) to drop the stubborn pounds that aren't leaving me.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:51 pm 

I do videos from Fitness Blender. It's so much easier than going to the gym. They have quite a variety of strength, cardio, and HIIT workouts. I also practice yoga on off days with Yoga with Adriene. Now that it's winter, I'm back at the curling club curling twice a week. I still struggle with my eating.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:59 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
I train in Muay Thai (kickboxing) and BJJ. My weight is still higher than I like so I've started tracking what I eat and using an elimination diet (to rid myself of junk foods and re-establish bad habits) to drop the stubborn pounds that aren't leaving me.
Ha, we should swap. I'm trying to keep my weight above 71kg right now - it normally hovers right around there - but because I compete as a 76kg lifter, my coach is on me to put on a couple of kilos. I was sick over the weekend and didn't feel like eating much - down to 70.6 last night. Coach is going to have a shit fit.

I don't want to put on weight just for the sake of it, and eating 2500 calories of good food a day, consistently, is hard work.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:50 pm 

It may sound strange, but for quite a while now, I have been changing one thing in my routine every month in order to continue to lose unwanted weight. I have changed several things over about the last year and a half and have slowly experienced improvements. The weird thing is where the weight does and does not come off. The front part of my belly and one spot on my legs refuses to go away. On the other hand, I feel like I have lost any form of "cushion" from my "sitter" and sitting down for longer than 30 minutes at a time now hurts.

I feel like I'm constantly wearing bell bottoms because for the most part my current pant size is too loose, but the next size down is too tight for the spots that won't go away. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:57 pm 

I'm attempting to eat healthier, eat less, move more, and also accept that I'm fat.
so far, it's going pretty poorly.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:21 pm 

Normally, the last place you'd see me posting is in a fitness topic, but the doc upped my blood pressure meds and told me if I lose 10 pounds, he could bring them back down, so he gave me that task before my next appointment in six months.

I've started walking more, even taking the bus and walking the last 35 minutes to the office (and back again in the afternoon) twice a week, weather permitting. I also have a stairclimber thingy for days I don't get a walk in.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:09 am 

I did karate and circuit training for 15 years, then general fitness classes after this.

Nowadays it's really difficult to do this due to working shifts, but I do like to get some walking in where I can if the weather allows.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 4:13 pm 
Site Admin

I qualified for World Masters, third in my age category. Just got the schedule today, Tue Aug 20 at 8am I have to step up and lift heavy things.

Holy. Shit. So exciting and scary all at the same time! It's gonna be fun.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 6:25 pm 

^^^ Awesome! Is this thing live-streamed or anything?