The Childfree Life

When having it all, means not having kids
It is currently Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:25 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 6:53 am 

I have never lost a lot of weight, so I can't speak to noticing feeling better after a drop in weight, but I can say weightlifting does make a difference in how I feel. Loads more energy, sleeping better, aches and pains seem to lessen (especially in the back as core strength improves). It's still exercise, but I think you get the best bang for your buck lifting weights.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 12:29 pm 

Quote:
^^^ Thanks, all.

The official chart says I need to be at 162 to be at the top end of my ideal weight bracket. I didn't notice the low end, but I'll take a look next time I'm in the office.

I've been very heavy before and lost nearly 100lbs then, and the truth is, I never "felt" any better! The doc said then that my knees, back and feet would feel better - I never noticed a difference. He said I'd sleep better, nothing changed. He said I'd have more energy...nope.

I'm not doubting that less weight is better for my health (less strain on my heart, if nothing else), but I'm not going to lie, I felt a little cheated that I didn't feel any differently after losing all that weight.
I have gained lots of weight over the years. I don't feel any different to when I was a healthy weight.

My only reasons for wanting to lose weight were cosmetic and as I get older, I don't really care about that.