The Childfree Life

When having it all, means not having kids
It is currently Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:39 am

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject: Re: Eat less. Move more.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:24 am 

I know what you mean about shit food making you feel lousy, it does me too.......It's one of the reasons why I never go on holiday for more than a week any more and I always stay self catering, after a couple of days of eating out I feel dreadful and have to get back to preparing my own stuff.

So, nuts with everything from now on Alicorn ;)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:38 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
"A Papa Johns pizza is $8."
I'm sure you have better pizza options available. And count me in the group that could eat 3500 calories without batting an eye.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:04 am 

I can probably burp out 3500 calories.
Quote:
A Papa Johns pizza is $8. I suggest you look into that
I think your trainer is Dr. Nick from the Simpsons:

Dr. Nick: “Now, there are many options available for dangerously underweight individuals like yourself. I recommend a slow, steady gorging process combined with assal horizontology.”

Homer:Of course.

Dr. Nick: You'll want to focus on the neglected food groups. Such as the Whipped group, the congealed group and the chocotastic.

Homer: What can I do to speed the whole thing up, doctor?

Dr. Nick: Well, be creative. Instead of making sandwiches with bread, use Pop Tarts. Instead of chewing gum, chew bacon.

Bart: You could brush your teeth with milkshakes.

Dr. Nick: Hey, did you go to Hollywood Upstairs Medical College too?

Dr. Nick: And remember, if you’re not sure about something, rub it against a piece of paper. If the paper turns clear, it’s your window to weight gain!

:lol:

BTW, I'm posting this from McD's.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:49 am 
Site Admin

Hahaha, I could chew bacon all day. That is definitely a great way of getting calories up! Except that my calorie increase is supposed to be protein and carbs and not fat, but hey, whatever works!

I actually really like jigging my intake to different macro percentages, because It's interesting to see how my body responds to different nutritional inputs. Yesterday my fat intake was really high, while everything else stayed the same. This morning I didn't feel that great, so today I'm going to play with the protein and see how that works out tomorrow.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:46 pm 

Quote:
I would starve to death on 1200 calories. But I think everyone's body and metabolic rate is different, as are caloric requirements.
Yep, I AM starving to death. But damn, I'm getting back into those size 29 jeans before they put me in the coffin.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:37 am 

Quote:
Holy shit. My coach has just given me my program of the next 8 weeks, and he wants me to increase my calories from 2500 to 3500 a day.

How the hell am I gonna eat that much?
The answer is ice cream.

I'm a supporter of legalising weed. I think if people want their marijuana, they should be allowed to have their marijuana. Now, I'm not going to use marijuana, for a lot of reasons, one of which is I already have the appetite of someone who been hitting the bong. I am already hungry any time I am not asleep, or ill. Lack of interest in food is basically the indication that I'm sick. Unless it's a food I don't like, I'm going to be down with eating it. 3500 calories a day would be no problem for me. I ate an entire container of hummus and an entire bag of carrots whilst at work a few weeks ago. It was a slow day, I was bored AF, and I ate what was supposed to be a multi-day snack in the span of a few hours.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:11 am 

I have been calorie-counting for almost three months now, and I reckon I am down about 17 lbs so far. Maybe another 5 or 6 lbs to go. Definitely dropped from a size 12 to a size 10 already (I think , just a bit of flab left on the tummy. I am feeling so much better about myself.

I aim for about 1500 calories a day, not including vegetables and salad, which are free. Tight limits on butter or any oil, control of bread, try to stop at 1 glass of wine per evening, and only one treat a day, eg a small muffin with tea or a small scoop of ice-cream for dessert. Plus I have increased walking by about an hour a day (to 1.5 hours total), which uses maybe another 200 calories.

And really, unless you have a thyroid problem or something genuine awry with your hormones, the only reason we put on weight in middle age is because we eat too much and get lazy and complacent.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:32 am 

Great job JR, you've done really well.....I wish I had your willpower, congratulations!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:47 pm 

^^Congrats, JessicaRabbit! That’s a big accomplishment!

I’m in the opposite boat right now...my diet has slipped and I’ve gained a bit back. I’m not as heavy as I was a couple years ago, but now I have to lose 5-10 lbs. I should probably go back to calorie-counting...I find it very tedious, but when I do it, I can control my weight better. It’s way easier for me to say “Sure, I’ll have a couple big scoops of ice cream tonight” when I haven’t been tracking, vs when I look at my phone and say “I shouldn’t have ice cream, I’m at my calorie limit for the day”.

I also should probably get my lazy ass up off the couch and lift some weights today...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:15 am 
Site Admin

I came back from Austin at 73kg, and have managed to hold it for a week. I might actually make the right weight class this weekend!