The Childfree Life

When having it all, means not having kids
It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:59 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject: Re: General Work Rants
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:06 pm 

Not a rant, but didn't want to start a new thread.
I've been with my current company (and really in the state) since April. I was hurray accepted into the career development program and I think that puts me on the path to a bigger, better career! How excited am i?! I thought since I hadn't heard back by last Friday I was out! I know several others who said they had to put in for it a few times before being accepted. Woohoo me!! I got in first time and only been here 7 months!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:39 am 

Congratulations AF! What a great result for you, well done :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:14 am 

Congratulations AnotherFool, that's excellent news!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:21 pm 

Good for you, AF! Onward and upward!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:42 pm 

Thanks everyone! My classes are in their final weeks for this semester (thank goodness) and after I finish my big project I have to prep for the class on the 7th, the same day of my sister's chocolate dessert potluck party! It's a whirlwind week and a half. I'm excited to see what happens next. PepsiCo isn't exactly a small company with limited options. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:57 pm 

^^^ Hey, my dad worked 41 years for the local Pepsi bottling company!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:56 am 

So I'm working today. What do I see when I first log in? A bitchy email to my manager's manager from yesterday (federal holiday), from one of the business community managers that "no one from your team is online today."

Their massive "problem" that would require the on-call person to interrupt their Thanksgiving to fix? The worker forgot their password to the test system, and they wanted to do some testing. It wasn't even a problem in the live system!

Did my manager's manager send them back a passive-aggressive email about holidays and non-live "issues" (which is what I would have done)? Of course not! He fucking apologized!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:25 pm 

Everyone at work knows I have a cough, but it's no longer the Oh-my-god-do-you-have-tuberculosis-cough, so I'm not getting the side-eye for being at work. It's a nagging cough that makes talking a pain in the butt, and doesn't seem to be quelled by much except cough drops. Someone dropped a family pack of Ricola on my desk this morning because I've been coughing, annoyingly, for two days now. It's obvious that I'm no longer harbouring something terrible though, so no one is avoiding me. However, someone brought two kids into work today because their childminder fell though. This guy is a door down from me, and he says that he'd appreciate it if I closed my door so I don't get his kids sick. Huh? Dude, your babysitter called out because she's sick, and you're worried about me? It sounds like she's got strep throat or the flu, so whilst I just got over strep and likely won't get that again, I'm more worried about getting the damn flu from his kids. I told him it would make more sense for him to close his office door, as the office could be full of germs. Really I just wanted the little disease vectors partitioned off as best possible.