The Childfree Life

When having it all, means not having kids
It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:54 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:05 pm 

Got my cat some of that tasty, tasty high-calorie food from the vet and she loved it just as much as she did before. Almost knocked the bowl out of my hand when she caught the scent.

Sadly, I can't afford to feed her that all the time--it's three bucks a can. So it's back to Blue Buffalo Healthy Gourmet for her. I'll get the super-rich stuff as a treat or when her appetite is sloping off a bit.

She's still truckin' along. A little more vocal, a little more stiff, but still very sweet and aggressively affectionate, aka "I LOVE YOU GOD DAMMIT" aka "help I'm trapped under a kitty". Overall still enjoying her life and that's the important part.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:48 pm 

My fluffy fat rescue cat is just about to reach 15. She’s been a delightful pet. I got her at 12 months old from the SPCA and she’s been with me ever since. She’s survived cross-Canada moves multiple times, and is still going strong. Other than some old-age anxiety, some arthritis, and an iris cyst (benign) in one eye, she’s in relatively good health. I’ll miss her terribly when she eventually goes. I can’t imagine her still being around at 20+ years but you never know!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:31 pm 

Sounds like a sweet cat. And yeah, you never know! I figured that my cat might have a shorter lifespan because she was overweight when she was younger, but she outlived the other two and is still going! I think at this point it's genetics and sheer will. :lol: