The Childfree Life

When having it all, means not having kids
It is currently Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:50 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1285 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1125 126 127 128 129 Next
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:29 pm 

Very easy supper last night: baked chicken (chicken, oil, salt & pepper) and Spanish rice (rice, oil, onion, tomato, garlic, oregano, salt & pepper).

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:07 pm 

I made late summer tomato-nectarine pasta (vegan). It’s basically just fresh tomatoes, nectarines, basil, and a bit of balsamic vinegar, lightly cooked and tossed with hot pasta. Simple, but delicious when the ingredients are in season.

I made some fresh sourdough naan to go with - so delicious hot and fresh off the pan!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:30 am 

Easy suppers the last two nights: bratwurst patties (on homemade buns) and hot dogs with chili sauce. I also made deviled eggs.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:23 pm 

I’m making falafels to go with the leftover sourdough naan. I also made some tzatziki because I had the end of a cucumber lying around.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:01 am 

Mr LaT made some Bara Brith (Welsh tea loaf, but to me it's far more cakey than bready) today, what I didn't realise is this is fat free and uses just one egg.

It turned out really nice, very moist, just a smidge too sweet for my taste (but most sweet stuff is to me), so next time we'll throttle back a tad on the sugar.

I'm running low on my spiced pickled pears (which are just divine with blue cheese) so I'll probably make some more tomorrow. I also need to be thinking about picking some sloes if I want some sloe gin ready for Xmas.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:07 pm 

Last night I made sourdough crust pizza topped with tomato sauce, onions, peppers, olives, sliced tomato, and mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.

Tonight I made creamed tuna on toast, using sourdough bread I baked on the weekend.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:54 am 

Last night was baked ham with a cherry-almond glaze and potato au gratin. Salad to start, with my new favorite dressing, tomato vinaigrette.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:44 pm 

I did beef stock in the pressure cooker this afternoon (let it cook while I was busy working), then I noticed that the tomatoes I bought were about to go off so I made tomato sauce as well.

For dinner, I made swedish meatball pasta. Husband normally likes this one but he really went crazy for it today - he kept saying how good it was while he was eating.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:41 am 

Used the leftover ham and potatoes to make a frittata.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:47 pm 

Husband’s in charge of dinner tonight, but for lunch I made a nice pasta salad with asparagus, peas, sun-dried tomatoes, and a creamy Dijon-lemon kinda dressing.

The weather is starting to cool off a bit here, but I just really wanted to get one of those lovely summer salads in before we switch gears to fall/winter food - I have a sneaking suspicion that my food strategy for this winter will be “all soup all the time”.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1285 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1125 126 127 128 129 Next