The Childfree Life

When having it all, means not having kids
It is currently Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:12 am

All times are UTC-07:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1026 posts ]  Go to page Previous 199 100 101 102 103 Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:48 pm 

Chicken parm, spaghetti, and broccoli tossed in garlic oil. Cheese on everything. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:44 am 

Cheese-stuffed tortillas last night, with a quick meat sauce.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:52 pm 

Well, I was supposed to make pasta carbonara tonight, then realized I was out of eggs (how does that even happen?!).

Moved on to my next planned menu item, meat pies and mushy peas, but the dried peas I bought have to be soaked 12 hours.

Then I figured I'd just make creamed corn to go with the meat pies, but realized I'd left it too late and that I wouldn't have supper done until 7:30 in the PM, which is way late for us.

So...down the local bar and grille for burgers and fries.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:24 pm 

Pasta carbonara and Italian green beans.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:12 am 

Omelette stuffed with onion, tomato, roasted red pepper, and cheese, hash browns done in the waffle iron, bacon, and toast.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:38 pm 

Husband’s birthday supper tonight. My parents, bro, and sis-in-law were all over to celebrate. Started the evening off with a layered dip with tostitos and Hendrick’s martinis.

For the main course, I made beef and sausage lasagna, homemade sourdough bread, and my mom made spinach and almond salad with mandarin oranges. Served with a nice syrah wine.

For dessert, husband’s favourite, creme caramel. We also had some icewine and tea.

It was a really delicious meal, but it was a lot of work to put it all together. The dishes are gonna take a while to get through too (I currently have a full dishwasher running).

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:46 pm 

That sounds like a wonderful meal!

I made tourtiere meat pies and (almost) mushy peas tonight, and (hello, 1970's) gingered pineapple.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:05 am 

I made potato-beer cheese soup and an apple-and-red-cabbage slaw night before last. Pizza carbonara last night (Romano and Parmesan cheeses, then fried pancetta, then fresh mozzarella, baked partway, then topped with eggs the last couple of minutes).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:39 am 

For Sunday dinner, I made Grecian isle stew - basically just a whole bunch of veg (eggplant, potatoes, green beans, tomatoes, etc) cooked in broth with some black olives and capers. It was tasty, and also vegan (husband cooked a chicken breast to go with). We had it with some of the leftover sourdough bread (my sourdough recipe makes 2 loaves).

Last night, I made pickle soup (vegetarian but non-vegan) again. Husband was thrilled. Served it with some more of the leftover bread - toasted a bit as it's starting to get a bit stale now.

I'm getting a bit more back into eating more vegetarian/vegan meals. It's mostly for environmental reasons, but I also find it a little easier to lose weight on a vegetarian-heavy diet. Plus it just encourages me to eat more vegetables!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:54 am 

Simple salad last night: lettuce, celery, strawberries, and toasted almonds tossed in a balsamic-Greek yogurt vinaigrette.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1026 posts ]  Go to page Previous 199 100 101 102 103 Next