The Childfree Life

When having it all, means not having kids
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:55 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 960 posts ]  Go to page Previous 192 93 94 95 96 Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:44 pm 
Site Admin

I didn't know pot was legal in Ohio now. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:39 pm 

^I find it weird how in the US, so many laws are state-by-state. It must be so confusing.

I’ve got a pot of chili on the stove right now - chipotle chili with cornbread dumplings, to be exact. It’s cold and rainy here today, perfect chili weather.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:08 am 

Quote:
I didn't know pot was legal in Ohio now. :lol:
That's pot roast, not roasted pot! :)

Joking aside, I must point out that medicinal MJ just became legal here, but because we have such a conservative state government, they've written the laws to make it virtually impossible to get a prescription or buy the product.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:53 pm 

I made gado gado again. It’s become one of my go-to dishes when I want something easy and healthy.

I had to laugh though, when I went to the website to look up the recipe, and the top recipe there now is “one-pot mashed potatoes!” Aren’t mashed potatoes one-pot by default? How would you even make mashed potatoes in more than one pot?

Last edited by Herbaceous on Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:15 pm 

^^^Yeah, that's kind odd. Mashed potatoes take only 1 pot. I've never made them any other way.

I made smokey chickpea lentil soup. It's been a go to soup for weeks I have no idea what to make.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:10 pm 

Last night, I made red flannel hash, a mix of potatoes, onions, beets, and corned beef, topped with a runny egg.

Tonight, it's pasta in a creamy vodka-tomato-meat sauce.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:32 am 

^^That pasta sauce sounds good, CarryOn - I like to make penne alla vodka whenever we have leftover cream (usually from husband's ice cream making adventures), but I usually make it vegetarian. What kind of meat are you using? Ground beef? Do you just cook it and add it to the sauce?

One of our fave Italian restaurants does a penne alla vodka with smoked salmon. It's delicious.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:57 pm 

^^^ Ok, normally I make it without meat and I use crushed tomatoes, but I happened to be following a new recipe, just for fun, and it called for using diced tomatoes and pureeing it.

Well, I had some bulk Italian sausage I needed to use up, so I browned that, threw in the onions and garlic, then the vodka, then the tomatoes.

Once the meat went in, that kind of cancelled out the purée part, so it ended up as chunky meat sauce.

Attachments:
C876DCB2-E52E-4A4F-AFF3-81194178598B.jpeg
C876DCB2-E52E-4A4F-AFF3-81194178598B.jpeg [ 121.54 KiB | Viewed 62 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:50 pm 

I made pumpkin Mac and cheese with roasted Brussels sprouts tonight. I used a pie pumpkin I bought earlier this fall and had sitting on my porch to decorate for fall, and the cheeses were a combination of cheddar, Gouda, and Parmesan. Really hit the spot for me.

I love decorating with pumpkins for fall; it makes the porch look spiffy, and I just eat them when I get bored of them!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:39 am 

I'd made pierogis a week or so ago, and had leftover wonton wrappers from that, so I steamed some cabbage, carrot, and potato, chopped it up really finely, added some diced corned beef and some diced Swiss cheese, then baked those off and served with some locally made thousand island dressing.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 960 posts ]  Go to page Previous 192 93 94 95 96 Next