The Childfree Life

When having it all, means not having kids
It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:34 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 923 posts ]  Go to page Previous 189 90 91 92 93
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:06 pm 

French toast with strawberries and maple syrup this morning, and baked spaghetti tonight.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:36 pm 

Now that we’re back from vacation and into the routine of working, I’m hoping to get back into vegan meals a few times a week. Tonight I made a vegan West African peanut stew. Onion, yellow pepper, garlic, tomato paste, tomatoes, chickpeas, coconut milk, and peanut butter all simmered together on the stovetop. The recipe said it was good served over steamed broccoli, which sounded weird, but I had some broccoli that I meant to make earlier this week, so I cut that up and served the stew over that. It was really good! Husband liked it too - he said it was similar to the Moroccan stew that I make and he loves (recipe on page 3 of this thread for those who are interested).

I also made spaghetti sauce earlier, and I have a pot of chili simmering on the stove to freeze and take to my friend who just had a baby. I hope I’m being a good friend. (She’s my best friend - we’ve been besties for over 30 years - and I’m so terrified that the baby will push us apart).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:37 pm 

I made a vegan pasta salad this morning to take to my friend; that and the frozen chili and spaghetti sauce were all gratefully received.

For dinner, we just wanted something quick so we had bacon, fried eggs, and toast (served with a generous squeeze of HP sauce for me). Really, really hit the spot.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 923 posts ]  Go to page Previous 189 90 91 92 93