The Childfree Life

When having it all, means not having kids
It is currently Mon May 20, 2019 11:11 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 715 posts ]  Go to page Previous 168 69 70 71 72
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 4:46 pm 

This morning I prepped vegan chocolate-chip peanut butter oat bars for breakfasts this week. I had one for lunch, the came out really good! Husband even liked them, despite the fact that they contain quinoa which he hates.

Right now I’m making Barbacoa beef. I’ve mentioned before how much husband loves this one. We’re going to make burrito bowls with the meat, and rice, corn salsa, guacamole, and some good cheese. Everything is prepped and ready to go, just waiting for the beef to finish cooking.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 6:16 pm 

I made Thai peanut noodles in the pressure cooker. Dead easy - sauté some garlic and ginger in the pot, then add chopped carrots, red pepper, and green onion. Added a sauce of soy sauce, peanut butter, rice vinegar, honey, and sriracha. Plopped some broken spaghetti noodles on top, added a bit of water just to submerge the noodles, then cooked the whole thing at high pressure for a whopping 4 minutes.

Came out quite nice, although the carrots were very soft so I think next time I’d just toss them in at the end for some crunch. It was almost-vegan, too (the honey makes it non-vegan).

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 6:39 pm 

I made sandwiches with turkey, bacon, cheese, and tomato, but I wrapped them in foil and put them on the warming shelf of the grill while I grilled more corn-on-the-cob.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:36 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Right now I’m making Barbacoa beef. I’ve mentioned before how much husband loves this one. We’re going to make burrito bowls with the meat, and rice, corn salsa, guacamole, and some good cheese. Everything is prepped and ready to go, just waiting for the beef to finish cooking.
I only discovered burrito bowls last year, when I went to a weightlifting comp with my team and we all shared a house, and we made them for dinner. Best thing ever. Just dump taco meat filling, mexican rice, salsa, chopped tomatoes, cheese, corn, avocado pieces and sour cream in a bowl and presto, a thousand calories and super yummy :D I often make them for food prep now, as I can cook one batch of meat and have four or five meals just like that!

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 10:13 am 

^^Yep - I cooked one batch of meat (used a short rib roast) and between the two of us, we got 6 meals out of it.

We have burrito bowls super often. They're also really easy to vary, if you change up the toppings or the protein (sometimes I even make them vegan with some spicy beans, omit the cheese - still super tasty). They're also good for groups, especially if you have different dietary needs/restrictions (or just picky eaters) - set out all the ingredients and have everyone make their own. Actually, I might do that if we go up to the cottage with friends this year - depending on who's coming, we'll have one vegetarian and one very picky eater. Figuring out meals that are good for both of them has been a bit of a pain in the butt in the past. Burrito bowls to the rescue!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 715 posts ]  Go to page Previous 168 69 70 71 72