The Childfree Life

When having it all, means not having kids
It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:01 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject: Re: Video games
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:53 am 

I played Skyrim for about 3 weeks straight, and also got back into playing Rift (mmorpg) but my laptop had some overheating issues so I couldn't RPG for long. I also play Sims 3 sometimes, but it takes so long to load it up I havent had time to dedicate to it.
I like RPGs. Don't need the FPS, but I'm ok with it if it has a good story.
I'm excited to see Red Dead Redemption back, but don't have a console to play on, so I'll be waiting until they do a PC release for that as well...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:12 am 

I finished the story in God of War, just trophy cleanup to do now. I've got most of them done, but I am having a heck of a time beating the Queen of the Valkyries. I dialed back the difficulty to easy for the post-game content, and I'm still having trouble. It's a really challenging fight, hopefully I can manage to get it done this week.

Next I think I'm going to play Spider-man before I start on Red Dead Redemption 2, which has been getting fantastic reviews.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:20 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
It was awesome to see a great game with a badass female character who didn’t end up played second fiddle to some dude, or swept up in some silly contrived love story. She was just out there kicking ass.
Then you should play any of the first three Mass Effect games as female Commander Shepard (or "FemShep" as she's affectionately known in the community). Yes, there are romance options, but they're optional. And Jennifer Hale's voice acting is on point.
Jennifer Hale is an AWESOME voice actress. She actually has a part in the movie Ralph Breaks the Internet, and watching the movie I kept sitting there thinking "I know that voice...I've heard that in games I own..." and correctly guessed who it was.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:05 pm 

Just got the platinum trophy in Spider-Man. Torn between whether I want to play the remastered version of Assassin’s Creed Revelations next, or go with Red Dead Redemption 2.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:01 am 

I'm dying to play RDR2, but current circumstances don't allow it. I'm kind of waiting to see if it comes to PC...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:57 am 

I used to play WoW back in the day. If I have the time nowadays I'll hop on Civilisation, or on the very odd occasion, Sims.

I'm more of a desktop gamer to be honest, although my sister and BIL like to play Playstation games which also look good.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:50 am 

I've been asking any random person I can to play video games with me for so long (going on 4 years unanswered, dead serious) and nobody will so that's all that matters to me, no point in even discussing what I'm playing if nobody else is gonna add me on steam, talk to me in general, etc no point in opening up just to get shut out immediately after. Rumour has it that saying things like that only makes it worse but then what makes it better? Rolling over and accepting defeat?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:24 pm 

I started on Assassin’s Creed Revelations (remastered version) a while ago, then got distracted by a silly, fun, short game called Cat Quest. Got the platinum in that, then back to Assassin’s Creed. I finished the story in that, and I’m currently busy with trophy cleanup. Once that’s done I will (finally!) start on Red Dead Redemption 2, and hopefully Assassin’s Creed Odyssey after that.

So many games, so little time!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:07 pm 

So I finished most of the trophies in Revealations, but the last 3 are ones I’m not really enjoying, so I don’t know if I’m going to end up getting the platinum or not.

I started on Red Dead Redemption 2. Surprisingly, I am really having trouble getting into it. I’m finding the controls SO complicated (there’s all different controls if you’re on foot vs on horseback vs driving a wagon, and there’s so many things to keep track of...food and clothing and horse’s food and the camp and so on and so forth). I may get back into it at some point...we’ll see.

So I decided to just take LadyPhoenix’s advice and tonight I started on Mass Effect 1. I’m playing as Female Sheperd, and husband is helping me choose the correct class and allocate my skill points so I don’t have to play it as a cover shooter. I’ve only just finished the first level, but it’s good so far!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:57 pm 

I finished Mass Effect. I’m not going to bother with trying to get the platinum trophy for this one - it requires a minimum of 3 play throughs, and I just don’t want to spend that kind of time. It was a great game though, I really enjoyed it!

Next I’m going to play....surprise! Mass Effect 2.