The Childfree Life

When having it all, means not having kids
It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:18 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 314 posts ]  Go to page Previous 128 29 30 31 32 Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:20 am 

Is this the new version i.e. a bunch of cockneys? If it is I gave up after one episode, I couldn't get over the 'cor blimey mate, strike a light' of the supposed Dutch police.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:13 am 

^^^YES!!! :lol:

MrsCO and I were both laughing over that, and asking why people who obviously weren't Dutch had names like Piet and Cloovers:

"So wot's yer name, mate?"
"It's de Vries, innit?"
:lol:

I'm watching it for the same reason I'm continuing to watch Dark (German show), for the scenery. Amsterdam is really pretty.

We've also started the second (and final) series of NOS4A2, and after one episode, I'm already bored.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:34 pm 
Site Admin

We started watching the medical drama Transplant on (I believe) NBC. I like it but about 3 episodes in I was like "Why are they just doing all these tests willy-nilly?" and "Why hasn't there been a scene where they fight with an insurance company yet?". Then Mrs. LP clued me in that it's a Canadian show. I was like "Oh. Well that must be nice".

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:32 am 

We're about three episodes into Haunting Of Bly Manor, and I like it so far, and we're also watching Flesh And Blood on PBS (British show).

For those not familiar, Flesh And Blood starts with some unnamed tragedy/accident...we don't even know who it involves, and then the events leading up to the accident are played back, slowing revealing the twists and turns leading up to the big reveal.

The story centers around a widowed-but-active middle-aged woman, her new mysterious boyfriend, her nosy neighbor, and the widow's three grown kids, who all have issues and secrets.

I don't know if it's the intent, but damn, this show is a running advertisement for not having children. Her kids all treat her like the only role she has is their poor, widowed mom, and as soon as she meets a man (18 months after their dad died), they all lose their shit!

At couple of times, I've actually yelled at one of the characters for being so selfish. Mom decided to go on a long holiday, like a month, with her new man, to India (they're both retired and well-off), and one of her gets got all in her face, yelling, "Oh, and you didn't think you needed to run this by us first?!"

Hell no I didn't!

Same thing when she decides to sell her house and move in with him: "This is our house to, we grew up here, we have a right to have a say in this!"

Um...whomever is paying the bills, whomever is holding the the deed...that's who has a say, junior, no one else!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:22 am 

I've just finished the 2nd series of The Boys, great stuff if you like exploding heads .... which I do! :D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:57 pm 
Site Admin

We also recently finished The Boys. Those last three episodes were bonkers. And I give the writers props because I did not see the twist coming in the finale.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:26 pm 

^^Husband and I just started watching The Boys. We’re only two episodes in but it’s great so far!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:11 pm 

I have to pick up watching The Boys again. I have been really busy with the yard, and work, so I just haven't been watching much TV. I have been watching one episode of Lucifer each week, and between seasons 3 and 4 someone told the main actor to get his ass in the gym. Pretty impressive work there.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:04 pm 

We had a virtual watch party with friends on Friday night, starting in on the new season of The Mandalorian. First two episodes are great so far!

We’re partway through season 2 of The Boys. Interesting moment while watching it - we were watching one scene, and I noticed some architectural details in the background and realized that it was filmed in one of the buildings where I work!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:42 pm 

Just started 'The Queen's Gambit', I'm lovin' it....almost enjoying it on a par with 'Killing Eve'. I wish I had a quid for every time Mr LaT has said "that's you, that is....." :-D

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 314 posts ]  Go to page Previous 128 29 30 31 32 Next