The Childfree Life

When having it all, means not having kids
It is currently Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:25 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject: Re: Ads You Hate/Love
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:05 pm 

Annoying commercials like that guarantee I won't use that brand anymore.
There was a jingle in the local grocery store that used to play over and over again every 6 minutes. Charmin. A woman singing about how clean her asshole is, because she uses charmin. I hated the damn bears, but I hated her more.

And if they feel the need to make annoying commercials can they at least not repeat them every few minutes??

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:40 pm 

Another one, from the National Highway And Traffic Safety Board.

It shows a dad getting with a crying baby, and he's got this plastic tube thingy. He then sticks one end into the baby's nose and sucks on the tube, then (understandably) gags.

The voiceover says, "If you care enough to suck the snot out of their nose at 4AM, then you should care enough to check nhstb.org for the right car seat."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:00 pm 

Fucking hell that's disgusting.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:31 pm 

Ok, this one is for an investment company.

It opens with an older man telling his wife that he just found his dream car. He's holding a newspaper with some kind of sporty/classic car pictured for sale.

Cut to the older couple sitting around the table with their grown-ass son, who tells them that he just got his dream job across the country, and that "she'll [meaning his daughter/their granddaughter] have to stay with you to finish the school year."

Quick cut to grandpa talking to his financial advisor, then a little bit showing the granddaughter living with them.

Finally, the ad wraps with grandpa walking her outside, where he shows her a sensible car, then hands her the keys.

"But grandpa, what about your dream car?"

"Oh, honey, this is my dream."

Besides the sappiness, I really hated the, "Oh well, she's living with you now, old man" attitude, like the older couple didn't even have a choice, and on top of that, the indication that they had to foot the bill for her care!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:29 am 

There's an ad on for Aldi in the UK that I absolutely fucking hate.

First of all I think Aldi are HUGELY misleading about their prices, they compare their own supermarket products with branded products and not other supermarket own labels....If they were really making a like for like comparison then they would compare their prices with, for example, Tesco's own label.

That aside, currently they have this bunch of mega breeders advertising their baby products. So there's this bunch of arseholes who clearly aren't concerned about the environment, aren't concerned about climate change and are pumping out more consumers than cows pump out farts. Currently they're up to 4!

The mombie has her tit out with the latest addition to her litter latched on (usually women with their boobs out are only seen after the 9pm watershed, somehow a grub with it's face pushed into it is somehow different )and they're going on about how Aldi are so much cheaper and the products we see are all disposable which which end up in landfill. :evil:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:01 pm 

There's one I hate, for some washing machine company, where Mom, Dad, and two girls (the oldest of whom is in her teens) are sorting laundry in the laundry room, when Mom makes a casual comment that the new extra-capacity washer is going to come in handy.

Everybody. Loses. Their shit.

"ARE WE PREGNANT?!?! OMG!!! ARE WE HAVING ANOTHER BABY?!?!"

The one daughter gets a smart-ass attitude about how she's *not* giving up *her* room, and the younger girl runs around randomly screaming, while Dad (like all TV dads), just looks kind of dumb and clueless.

Why would you even go there? The woman didn't even say it in a leading way, she just stated it as a fact, like, "The new rug shampooer will come in handy." - but everybody went from 0 to pregnant in .004 seconds. :roll:
-----
On the flip side, we both enjoy the new AT&T commercial, with Gordon Ramsey at a supermarket giving out free samples of food.

The dude sees him and questions why GR is wasting his talents handing out food samples, while the young woman with him is gobsmacked and smitten.

GR explains (and this doesn't really make sense, because he's basically saying he *is* an idiot for handing out samples) that, yeah, his handing out samples is about as smart as buying an iPhone and *not* being on AT&T.

At that point, Dude reaches for a sample, but GR slaps his hand and says, "This isn't the buffet, mate, use a cocktail stick!" Then his girlfriend looks at him, and in a really bad OTT British accent says, "Yeah, mayte...use a cawktayle steek!"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:46 pm 

Another one I hate. It's for Borden milk. It's mainly little kids extolling the virtues of drinking milk, all while being oh so precious and cute. For example, one kid shouts, "It builds strong bones!" and sticks his arms out and grimaces like a strongman.

The worst, though, is this extremely (and I mean extremely) outgoing red-haired girl. She's so friendly, it kind of makes you want to push her down, TBH (did I just say that? Yes, I did!).

Anyway, she's got this little old lady voice, and at one point, she and an even littler kid are trying to open their cartons of milk, and she encouragingly says, "Awww, there you go!" and I shit you not, she sounds just like Ruth Gordon. 6yo kid and she sounds like a 90yo lady from NYC. Drives me crazy.

What's worse, she gets the last scene, and she pours way too much milk way too fast into her glass and overfills it, slopping cow juice all over the place, and just giggles in her weird old NY lady voice, "Uh-oh! Haha!"

I can't stand that kid. She's too fucking happy! 😠

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:57 am 

...and another one. It's Christmas, and this little boy is running all around the house, doing chores very poorly. Fills the dog bowl with food, spills kibble everywhere, takes the trash out, spills trash everywhere, etc. Basically, he's making way more work than he's accomplishing.

One of the adults looks over at him and says, "What's gotten into him," and the other one nonchalantly says, "Christmas."

So the kid finally decides to be good two weeks before Christmas. Got it. No presents, kiddo, because your behavior suggests you were an asshole the other 50 weeks! :evil:

What really gets my Krampus, though, is that when he's doing each chore, he's plainly pandering to the adults. He's washing dishes, but looking over at the adults with this, "See? I'm washing dishes! I'm a good kid! So helpful!" look on his face.

I'd let that kid do all the work, have him clean up the extra shit he spills, then explain the whole concept of motivation: "Sorry, Sharleigh, but Santa knows if your motivation for being good is pure or not, and well, yours isn't, so all your gifts are going to needy kids. Maybe you'll get a new dust rag, though, so you can help with that all year, you little shit. Merry Christmas!"