The Childfree Life

When having it all, means not having kids
It is currently Mon May 20, 2019 10:42 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous 110 11 12 13 14 15 Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:43 pm 

Just finished 20 episodes of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel today, and really enjoyed most of it. Looking forward to session 3

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:31 am 

We just started After Life, just one episode so far, but I like it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:06 am 

'The Umbrella Academy' (Netflix) , I watched 3 episodes last night so it can't be all bad!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:19 am 

^^^ That one's on our list.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:17 am 

I also finished The Marvelous Ms. Maisel. I was not sure at first if I would like the series. It exceeded expectations. Women in comedy have had a hard path. This story told through Ms. Maisel was worth the binge watching. Looking forward to the next installment.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:42 pm 

I started watching the documentary TV series on Netflix, The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann. I’m only one episode in, but so far it’s pretty interesting.

I enjoy true crime documentaries, and this case has always interested me. I go back and forth on what actually happened to the kid (planned abduction vs. robbery gone wrong vs. crime of opportunity after she wandered out of the apartment vs. parents killed her accidentally then covered it up). I do believe that she is no longer alive.

I also just can’t get over the fact that they thought it was ok to leave 3 sleeping children alone in an unlocked apartment in a foreign country while they went out to eat and drink with friends. The resort had a night crèche, for Christ’s sake! I’ve heard all sorts of excuses about how others did it and it was the norm and blah blah blah, but I think it was piss-poor parenting. We all know parenting requires sacrifices (that’s why many of us here choose it skip it), and not being able to go out to dinner with friends while on vacation is one of those sacrifices.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:07 am 

^ Oh strewth this case is still roaring on in the British press and every ruddy forum, I'm sick of hearing about it and how the parents have got rich over it and the amount of police hours and money that's still being spent on it!

I've just discovered 'Corner Gas' on Amazon, just a short 20 minute , Canadian, sitcom that ran between 2004 and 2009. I'm working my way through that between The Order, The Grand Tour (which is feeling much more like the proper Top Gear) and The Umbrella Academy (as well as MasterChef and Shetland).

I'm saving up the second series of American Gods so I can binge watch that and we've got Good Omens, which happens to be my all time favourite book, coming at Easter (very apt). Now that Terry Pratchett isn't able to interfere in TV adaptations of his stuff I'm hoping this will be better than previous offerings, especially as Neil Gaiman has written it!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:36 am 

Weekend mornings are documentary-lifestyle TV shows over breakfast for us.

We just watched Victoria Woods' Nice Cup Of Tea, sort of a history of tea. Didn't like that very much, actually.

Next, we watched Killers Of The Victorian Home, about how all those mod cons the Victorians were famous for were actually pretty deadly and it's really quite amazing that any Victorian lived past the age of 20 minutes, considering all the arsenic floating around, and infected baby bottles, and open gas flames and unregulated boilers and cookers.

And now we've started a Hairy Bikers cooking series, where they're concentrating on chickens and eggs, and it's making me want to cook chicken every day.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:37 pm 

I'm ashamed to admit on a childfree forum that I finished Call the Midwife on netflix. It was really good despite the baby delivering part. Even that didn't really bother because I'm fascinated by the human body in the blood, guts, fluids, and gore. I enjoyed the characters and stories thus far. Sister Monica Joan is one of my favorite characters. They really did a good job portraying death very realistically. I've spent many time with an actively dying patient in my work. Usually television and movies portray the dying person able to talk, carry coherent conversations, and then suddenly they die. What they did is what I normally experience where the person is comatose or unresponsive and changes in breathing. I really did like that they covered the end of life as well as the beginning. Each episode was very touching. I like that they touched very much on the abortion issue as well and what women have had to go through when it isn't legalized. It's not a series for everyone if you're not into that sort of thing.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:31 am 

I’m not really into any shows right now. DH is watching Billions, which he loves. It stars Paul
Giamatti and I have a hard time watching him, in anything. Always have. So while I tried to get into the show along with DH, I departed pretty early.

I just read that Fleabag (a BBC series) season 2 will be available on amazon prime in May so
I’m looking forward to that.

In the meantime I casually watch some reality shows. The housewives on bravo (which is trash) and Formula One on Netflix.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous 110 11 12 13 14 15 Next