The Childfree Life

When having it all, means not having kids
It is currently Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:51 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 379 posts ]  Go to page Previous 134 35 36 37 38
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:46 pm 

Quote:
OMG, the actress who plays Rebecca (Hannah Waddington)!
Oh, I agree 100%. She's so artfully beautiful, it seems almost a sacrilege to even drag sex appeal into it, like she's so stunning, it's shameful to think of her doing it, almost like thinking of an angel having sex. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:55 pm 
Site Admin

We binged Squid Game over the weekend. It was like the bastard child of Black Mirror and Hunger Games, with a dash of Saw thrown in. I dug it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:27 am 

My husband definitely prefers tall, usually athletic women, but he doesn't care for Hannah Waddingham. He said "it's her face. Her jawbone bothers me." OK, then :lol:

So, whilst we haven't been watching Ted Lasso, we have been watching Homeland. I guess Claire Danes has an acceptable chin. That show is another show that I really can't control myself with, as I have to know what happens next *now*. And there are so many episodes, it's hard to slow my roll. Bodyguard and The Night Manager were far easier to handle, at only 6 tension-filled episodes.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:22 am 

Watched the S2 finale of Ted Lasso and it was ok, but I can't say I particularly care for the direction things are going.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:09 pm 

Quote:
Schmigadoon (because I'll watch anything with Cecily Strong in it) and Ted Lasso.
How did you like it? I loved Schmigadoon! I'm such a sucker for those 1940s musicals, it was so fun to see a parody.
I really hope they get to do another season.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:17 pm 

Only Murders in the Building-- I love it so much. I'll watch anything with Steve Martin and Martin Short- but its a great whodunnit show. Selena Gomez is interesting to watch too.

What we Do in the Shadows: The movie was amazing, the tv show is pretty good too. I love all the actors and characters on it. (Colin Robinson and Nadia are my favorite.). I haven't met anyone yet who watches this show.

I don't watch reboots often, but The Wonder Years update is wonderful. I loved the original, but this family is amazing. I am in love with the mom. I think its definitely one to check out.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:02 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Schmigadoon (because I'll watch anything with Cecily Strong in it) and Ted Lasso.
How did you like it? I loved Schmigadoon! I'm such a sucker for those 1940s musicals, it was so fun to see a parody.
I really hope they get to do another season.
The funny thing is, I hate musicals. Hate 'em. Hate 'em soooo much.

But I loved Schmigadoon because of the parody aspect, especially all the innuendo that was accidentally-on-purpose impossible to miss. That stuff cracks me up.

I'd love to see Only Murders... but I think that's on Hulu, and we don't have that. My wife likes the new Wonder Years, and it's ok, but if I have to miss it, I don't mind. Pretty much how I felt about the first one.

We just started Midnight Mass on Netflix and it's got my interest so far.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:38 am 

I've just finished Midnight Mass, I really enjoyed the first 3 episodes but then it got very predictable.

I'm waiting on the last episode of Murders in the Building and then I'll binge watch the last two. I am enjoying it, especially as both Steve Martin and Martin Short have toned down their usual 'on screen' personas. I hated the OTT, hysterical characters they played (I really dislike a lot of Robin Williams comedy stuff for the same reason).

What we do in the Shadows, I loved the film but hated the TV series and didn't persevere with it.

I'm scratching around at the moment looking for something, I've just started the second series of 'Back to Life' (which is a BBC3 thingy), the Bake Off (it's just not the same without Mel and Sue), Taskmaster and Grantchester. I need a suitable box set for Halloween, any suggestions gratefully received.

Oh, I don't know if I've already mentioned 'Vigil' (dirty deeds done down deep....in a submarine) it was brilliant, I deffo recommend!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:29 am 

^^^ I'm the same way with manic comedy - my wife lived Robin Williams, and I was always the one saying, "He's giving me a headache..." :laugh:

I like Martin Short, though. Maybe it's the Canadian thing, makes it more tolerable. I used to nearly pee myself laughing at his Jiminy Glick character.

Grantchester...seesms like we've been waiting two years for the next series. I hope it gets here one of these days.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 379 posts ]  Go to page Previous 134 35 36 37 38