The Childfree Life

When having it all, means not having kids
It is currently Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:11 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 367 posts ]  Go to page Previous 133 34 35 36 37
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:39 am 

Schmigadoon (because I'll watch anything with Cecily Strong in it) and Ted Lasso.

Also started a Scandinavian horror anthology series called Bloodride, a nice little homage to those '70's anthology horror movies that I love.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:52 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
^Speaking of Homelander, I am surprised the Fox News crowd hasn't decided he's the best replacement for Captain America, who, despite punching Nazis since 1941, is somehow now "woke" and "anti-American". Fox - I am not joking here- did a segment on how Cap is *now* "too political". Seems like Homelander should be their new guy, lol.
That tracks. Fox "News" and the majority of the GOP have become outright fascists in the past few years. 15 year old me sat in history class wondering how ordinary Germans could have gone along with Hitler. 47 year old me is watching it happen in real time.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:56 am 

We just started Santa Clarita Diet and Emily In Paris, both choices of my wife.

First, I'm not a fan of Drew Barrymore...at all. She has not a single redeeming quality, as far as her acting/public persona goes. Secondly, as much as I like horror material, I hate the zombie sub-genre with a passion, even more so than I hate mummies, so there isn't much in this one for me.

Third, after one episode of Emily In Paris, I'm ready to push her twee, exuberant ass down a Metro stairway. I've not got any great feeling about the French one way or another, but I can already tell how this is going to play out: young, energetic, and enthusiastically optimistic American confronts lazy, womanizing, gluttonous, arrogant Frenchies, and through sheer pluck and adorableness, makes them all fall in love with her and see that Americans are pretty a-ok if you just give them a chance.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:46 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
I saw a clip of Modern Family once and had no clue what I was meant to be laughing at.
Modern Family is hilarious. But it may not translate well to non-American cultures.
OK we're on Season 9 of Modern Family now. I still think it's funny but holy crap 90% of the problems these people get themselves into could be avoided if they would just communicate with each other.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:35 pm 

Santa Clarita Diet...we didn't make it past the first episode. Booooooring!

Emily In Paris - MrsCO loves it, and even though it's formulaic and highly predictable, I can at least watch it for the scenery. We finished the first season.

We're three episodes into Inside No. 9 and I really hope this is the last series, because it certainly feels like they're just phoning it in at this point.

We also finished the sequel to Upstairs, Downstairs tonight. Wrapped up very quickly, but they left a lot of loose ends.

And we started Blake's 7 - they're showing that on BritBox now. Roj Blake looks just like a grown-up Screech from whatever show Screech was on. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:08 am 

Started Marvel's What If..? which I'm enjoying the most of all the interim Marvel stuff, and Kingdom on Acorn, starring everyone's favorite pompous arse (I really do love the guy! :lol:) Stephen Fry as a genteel market town solicitor somewhere in East Anglia who has to deal with an unbalanced sister, a missing brother, and all manner of eccentric small-town clients.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:55 pm 

The latest episode of "What If..." was basically nothing but an entire episode dunking on another character. It was good though. It will be interesting to see where they go with it.

I think with all the interim Marvel shows, you have to really be a fan of Marvel stuff, and accept that they're using them to launch, what, Phase 4 of the MCU? The Falcon and The Winter Soldier and Loki were largely just starting directions for where the MCU is going post-Chris Evans' Cap, and a way to resurrect Loki because they realized they'd made a mi$take and offed a very popular character.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 367 posts ]  Go to page Previous 133 34 35 36 37