The Childfree Life

When having it all, means not having kids
It is currently Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:55 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: Re: Ads You Hate/Love
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:09 pm 

Every single time I go to Albany, I hear this radio commercial for a car dealership called Destination Kia. They prattle on about the cars currently on sale, and then closing up there's the usual "only at Destination Kia!", followed by "Puppies and babies not included!" Ummm, what? I mean, thank God about the babies, but, what? I'm guessing maybe that makes sense to people who lived in Albany for a while, or perhaps are familiar with Destination Kia and some of their other ads. For the uninitiated though, it's a solid, "What the hell?"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:37 am 

I saw this :D

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/ZzX8/hotels-com ... r-vacation#

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:29 pm 

I was scrolling through my Facebook feed this week and came across one I hated.

It’s an ad for laundry detergent that comes as solid strips, instead of a liquid packaged in jugs (I’ve actually purchased this product and am happy with it). But the ad says in big letters, “Skip this ad, unless you have kids!” The implication being that if you have kids, you will want to purchase this eco-friendly product.

Fucking what?!?! So now you need to have kids in order to give a shit about the environment? Am I the only one who does not have kids but somehow gives a shit about the other 30 MILLION species we share this planet with?

I was so pissed off I left a comment on the ad. I resent the implication that because I have no children, I spend all my time clubbing baby seals and dumping barrels of radioactive waste into my local waterways.

It further pissed me off because I’d normally never buy something from a company that uses such insulting and shitty marketing techniques, but they make a good product.